YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi,

I've just seen a holiday advertised on one of the Sky Holiday channels to Sharm in November. Anyone know what the weather/diving is like at that time of year?

Many thanks,

Ian

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi John,

Thanks for that. 26 degrees sounds warm enough for me!

Are you aware of any jabs required and whether a medical certificate is required?

Thanks,

Ian

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

As always when travelling to third world countries and diving, you should make sure your diphtheria, tetanus, polio and hepatitis A (Havrix) vaccinations are up to date. Oral cholera vaccine (Dukoral, as prophylaxis against tourist diarrhoea) is also a good idea. Apart from that, you don't need any special vaccinations. I have never been asked for a medical certificate anywhere in the Red Sea.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Imported post

I went early december and the water temperature was still 26C then dropping down to 24C on the deeper dives.
You tend to get some very good deals from early December until February so if you can it might be worth waiting until a month beforehand. Explorers were doing a trip over there including free 5 days diving for about £260. You pay a little more to stay in a hotel in Naama Bay.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi,

Thanks for the advice guys. I managed to get a deal at the Sheraton in Sharm for just over £300. Really looking forward to it!!!

All the best,

Ian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts