YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Does anyone have any advice on which dive company to use in Sharm?
I'd like to do the more interesting stuff - Thistlegorm etc and not a hand hold round the house reef (done that)but partner and child are non divers but enjoy snorkelling both boat and shore. It would be good to use the one company ......or maybe not! And book in UK to reduce costs.
Any advice welcome.
Cheers

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Richie,

I can recommend Emperor Divers - based at the Rosetta Hotel in Namma Bay. They do shore dives and day boats to all the top dive sites in the Northern Red Sea - and the Thistlegorm and the wrecks of Shub Ali and Ras Mohammed.

Most dive brochures feature them (e.g. Regal Dive Holidays). You can book into the Rosetta and fall out of bed to the dive centre - I know, I've done it!

If you want a better class of hotel, then the Hilton Sharm Dreams is literally nextdoor to the Rosetta.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more.

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Andyp, we'll be there half term week (for here)Feb 16th to 23rd)You going?

Thanks Bren, due to late booking and the boss's preferences :cry: we've ended up with the Sharm Dreams. I'll probably give Emperor a try.

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Nah, we're out there a month later, just got spare places and trying to fill them.

Emporer are as good as anyone out there, other options are Ocean College and Camel Divers, oh and Red Sea College have a good reputation though I have not dived with them myself

Andrew

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

Hi Richie,

I was out in Sharm with ocean college dive centre in November and thought they were pretty good, they left you to do your own thing [after the check out dive] even on the Thistlegorm.

Safe diving,
Steve.

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Imported post

Just come back from a last-minute cheapo to Sharm, care of Crusader/Regal divers.

Dive pack was with Emperor and I have to say, all aspects were good - the equipment was OK, the guides very helpful and quite happy to let you do your own thing.  Emperor have a number of boats, so whatever you want to dive, there'll be a boat going.  Be aware that the Thistlegorm means you have to get up at 04.15 to get there and back on time!!!

They've got some Technical Courses on offer at the mo, if that's your cup of tea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts