• A hamster.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

[EDIT]Where did that bloody A come from. The title of this poll is supposed to be Shush!! Tut.

Whilst playing elsewhere on YD I noticed Simon A's (I think) avatar of Danger Mouse characters. Now, I am a bit od a fan of the DM cartoon and this brought to mind a recent debate (arguement) at my local about what type of animal the character of Penfold is in the Danger Mouse cartoon.

I know I am right (because I checked) that he is a
??? but the great unwashed would not believe me and said he was a
???.

Are you unwashed or clean and clever like me???  

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Imported post

Already we have an "unwashed" !!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Imported post

waaaaaaay too much time on my hands but here you are finless...

Let's get this absolutely straight, because a lot of people seem confused about it - PENFOLD IS NOT A MOLE. He looks like one, certainly, but he is abso-poso-lutely a hamster. He says so himself in numerous episodes, and it says so in the books too.
Penfold's first name is Ernest, but he doesn't like being referred to by it.
His codename is "Jigsaw" - so-called because he goes to pieces in a crisis.
He has an obnoxious auntie who lives in America. She appears in a few episodes.
According to the official files, Penfold is the only son of Arthur Wigglesworth Penfold and Bronwen Merionedd Ysptty Ystwyth Penfold (née O'Herlihy). He was born in Osbaldestone Bottoms, Lancashire.
Penfold was voiced by the late Terry Scott, star of dismal 70s sitcom Terry and June.
Most likely to say "Oh crikey! Oh crumbs!" or "Ooh, 'eck!"

·
Registered
274 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Juz @ Mar. 31 2004,14:30)]Suzy, we bow in the presence of your Penfold knowledge!

Juz
....my working day hasn't been a complete waste then...!!

2 weeks notice left and still no job to go to!!!

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suzanne @ Mar. 31 2004,14:27)]waaaaaaay too much time on my hands but here you are finless...

Let's get this absolutely straight, because a lot of people seem confused about it - PENFOLD IS NOT A MOLE. He looks like one, certainly, but he is abso-poso-lutely a hamster. He says so himself in numerous episodes, and it says so in the books too.
Penfold's first name is Ernest, but he doesn't like being referred to by it.
His codename is "Jigsaw" - so-called because he goes to pieces in a crisis.
He has an obnoxious auntie who lives in America. She appears in a few episodes.
According to the official files, Penfold is the only son of Arthur Wigglesworth Penfold and Bronwen Merionedd Ysptty Ystwyth Penfold (née O'Herlihy). He was born in Osbaldestone Bottoms, Lancashire.
Penfold was voiced by the late Terry Scott, star of dismal 70s sitcom Terry and June.
Most likely to say "Oh crikey! Oh crumbs!" or "Ooh, 'eck!"
Suzanne,

I know he is a hamster it's the rest of them.

By the way, you forgot "Oh carrots".

Did you steal that of another web site? You did, didn't you. For shame.  

Bryan

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

"Crikey Chief".
I had the sticker album and I'm still to this day proud of myself for filling it. What a funny cartoon!

Lifted from a website that seems more mature than YD-
"DangerMouse is a wacky and hilarious adventure about a White Secret Agent Mouse, and his trusty bumbling sidekick hampster assistant, Penfold. Penfold is lovingly daft, and usually needs to be saved from one situation or another, and is the greatest straight man/err hampster ever known. Together, they are given assinments by Colonel K, Their comander/walrus. The orders consisted of doing battle to save the world from monsters, master thieves, and crazed fiends of all types with the most prolific being their arch nemesis meglomanic frog, Baron Silas Greenback and his henchman crow, Stiletto."

So Suzanne, to fill in the rest of your knowledge, which is sadly lacking in all matters Dangermouse, Colonel K is a Walrus. You disappoint my my dear!

All I've got to say on this subject is that "When Eric eats a banana" he is a damn sight better that Dangermouse. Bananaman laughs in the face of DM!!!!

Peter

·
Registered
274 Posts
Imported post

i've heard of poetic license but surely if you put a walrus, mouse and hamster in the same room....to be more precise in HQ under a pillar box in Baker Street....surely there would be a bit of a squash.

PS  - there is no 'P' in hamster !!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts