YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last trip I was away, I used some stuff from one of the other dives on the boat which looked like shaving foam (but wasn't) and called something like Dermoprotect; it was quite successful in preventing Hangman's neck. I have a maximum of 9 dives planned starting monday and I would like to get hold of some of the stuff. I have tried BioSeals and whilst they work, I don't want to risk splitting the seal while on this trip.

Any ideas what the stuff is called and where I can get it from?

Regards

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, dermashield ordered and hopefully be here friday or saturday.

·
Guru
7,112 Posts
Try wiping your neck and the inside of the latex with fresh water on a cloth after every dive mate - works for me. Problem seems to be second dives where dried salt crystals on neck and/or seal react with latex/neck.

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
Bad taste alert.

G'day cobbers. Michael Hutchence here. Well being dead is kinda boring so I thought I'd log on to YD and bugger me if there's not a problem right up my street. Hangmans neck is no worries mate. Just suck a bit of orange soaked in amyl nitrate and and you'll have a bonzer time! :teeth:

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
However, like Woz, neo seals mean that if we had hangmans neck, we would have been hanged. :)
As a new member of the neoseal club, I concur, however, unlike the old latex, I do find that it gives me hangman's eyeballs. I think it's a bit tight.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.