1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Mad as a Haddock
2,206 Posts
Most noticeably size, the GF is bigger by ~25%, the display area is the same on both, just more body. Battery life is better on the GF, or so I'm told. Basically the same but as you say the first.
Still a good computer if the price is right.

Reactions: Twinsetmad

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
I had a GF before I upgraded to the Pursuit on the KISS.

GF - Original model. OC/CC trimix. Battery inside main compartment. No longer supported so no updates. Quite large.
Pursuit - Released about a year later. Much smaller. Separate battery compartment. Communicates via IR. Updated software available.
Predator - Similar to pursuit. Different OLED colour screen. Wireless rather than IR.

Janos

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
The GF really is big fecker, a bit like the old, stone age computers like Orcas and Deco Brains, it was the main reason I got rid of mine. You know it when it's on your arm. Nice computer but I had a couple of niggles with mine, mainly trouble having it switch off after a dive and it wouldn't calibrate on a single cell (I wanted to run mine with two cells on KISS displays and one on the GF).

Reactions: Twinsetmad

·
Driving my truck with my high-heels on...
5,509 Posts
Don't think the GF had user settable gf factors only the preset factory ones .

·
Registered
482 Posts
The GF's a fine computer, all the points above are valid, its big and tough, battery lasts 9-12months, no longer supported for upgrades from factory but Bruce is such a nice guy I bet if it broke he'd still fix it (or Narked @ 90 would)
The Pursuit and Predator have moved the game on somewhat but not without there own "issues" along the way- the last GF's worked perfectly and deco was perfectly reasonable (I'd don't believe the software for deco, other than user selectable GF's has changed) but the 10 sets of GF's in the original where well chosen, if you can get one for a good price take it, I doubt it'll loose much value now.

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
if you can get one for a good price take it, I doubt it'll loose much value now.
I think I actually made money on mine as Bruce changed the pricing just before I put mine up for sale and the cost of a CCR & trimix enabled Pursuit went through the roof. For the money they are very good computers. One thing I'd definitely do if using it with a rebreather is get it hardwired, I think Fischer connectors are shite if you are never planning on using it for OC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts