YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I completed an Advanced Nitrox & Deco Procedures course last year and I'm looking to do the Level 1 trimix course this year. I have until now been using a Vytec with a Gekko backup and since I started the deco procedures cut tables (mainly from vplanner).

I feel that it would be sensible to upgrade to a trimix capable computer with a depth timer + tables as backup.

Looking through various resources on the net I have found mention that the Shearwater Pursuit expected 3m stops and for people making their last stop at 6m this made the Time to surface value incorrect. As all my diving to date has been UK coastal I like that I can set vplanner to use 6m as the final stop.

I have not been able to find reference to if the Pursuit still expects a 3m stop or if it can be user configured to a 6m final stop.

I have also been trying to find out if the Predator also expects a 3m final stop and if this can be changed by the user but have not seen any mention of this in my net searches as the predator is the computer I plan to purchase.

Does anyone know if the Predator can be set to calculate based on a last stop at 6m?

Thanks,
Creepi

·
Silent Knight
1,849 Posts
Both Pursuit and Predator will give final stop depths based on final stop at 3m.

It is not user configurable on either computer.

However I always do my final stop at 6 and the TTS is only a few minutes more even after 1 hour + of deco. Not even worth worrying about in my opinion. :)

Cheers

G

Reactions: Creepi

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
I enquired when i first got my Shearwater GF about settnig the 3m final stop to 6m and its affect on TTS. I was told its negligable in terms of deco between the 2, as Broady said mayb a minute or so over an hour.

·
Driving my truck with my high-heels on...
5,509 Posts
I run 2 Pursuits, 1 as the controller on my rEvo & the other as stand alone . As an experiment for exactly this I got to 6m with 45minutes of stops & then sent my stand alone up to 3m on my smb while I stayed at 6m to clear the deco there . When I got to 3 m the stand alone still had 2 minutes of deco remaining . I can only assume I had "beaten" the deco because I flushed the loop with pure O2 so ppo2 was 1.6 wereas the stand alone was assuming 1.3 at all times , so I would not have said there is enough to worry about in difference .
TBH you could probably get the difference depending on how you deco ie horizontal or vertical & if you have your arm hanging down or out horizontal , could be a metre difference between the 2 ?

Reactions: Creepi
1 - 5 of 5 Posts