YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
kiss ccr
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. i'm looking at maybe getting one of the above for po2 monitor and real time deco info for my kiss ccr. i have a subsea kidney with a port for this , but before i take the plunge would like to attach one just to make sure that it will read all 3 cells i have a lead with a fischer connection , anybody in london willing to let me try this with their computer ? i can bring the ccr over to your place,
regards!
gordy,,,
ps any other good recommendations ?

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I've just hooked up my shearwater Predetor to the CK. Was easy peesy. Reads all three cells and is easy to calibrate. Far neater bundle than the standard triple display..... £180 for the cable was a killer though :0(

·
kiss ccr
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've just hooked up my shearwater Predetor to the CK. Was easy peesy. Reads all three cells and is easy to calibrate. Far neater bundle than the standard triple display..... £180 for the cable was a killer though :0(
hi, how was the cable connected at the kidney end?
regards
gordy,,,

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
7 pin to 7 pin..... male fischer both ends....

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Gordy,
Not many about but a DR5 will also do this (and takes the same lead as a Shearwater) and is about the same money as a new predator.
If you end up looking at a new predator, it may be worth enquiring with [email protected] about getting a hardwired predator with the correct plug on the end of the cable to fit your kidney (1 less connector to look after, and you can still cap the cable to use it standalone).
HTH
Simon A

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Still not made my mind up whether to go DR5 or Shearwater. I'm waiting for Multi-Deco (e.g. V-planner live) on the DR5 to appear then I'll take a closer look.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm waiting for Multi-Deco (e.g. V-planner live) on the DR5 to appear then I'll take a closer look.
And you can take a look now. We have just released v0.99 of MultiDeco-DR5. This one is a surface demo build, with most features included. The final diving build will be along in a week or so. www.multideco-dr5.com
Regards

1 - 10 of 10 Posts