YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Finally got around to adding a bit more to my part of the club website. It can be found

Here

Laters,
   Janos

PS - Credit where it's due - I didn't write the Gannet part - Wish I had though!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>ok I just got a bollocking for bursting out laughing reading about The Torch whilst at work, supposed to be doing responsible stuff like listen to sick people down the phone

·
"Right, done the pool stuff, what's next.........?
483 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Oh dear dear, Janos top marks mate. Do not be outdone by fancy gismos keep up the good work.

All we need to do is find a sauce that goes well with the gannets ( kinda duck theme going on) and we can use the shiney bits to catch the buggers.
MMMMMM crispy aramatic gannet....well probably duck.

I feel a phone call and delivery coming on!

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

i love the bit about not letting pippa hold the pole for you. is pippa the proud owner of the SMB with JANOS's bird on?

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

She is the proud owner of that SMB (for those who haven't been on a boat with me - I bought a Buddy SMB with the bottle, but what to do with my old SMB? I can't sell it as it has 'JANOS' written down the side in bloody great letters and I've never seen another diving Janos. Anyway, the solution is to add an apostrophe and 'BIRD' and give it to Pippa as a Christmas present. However it turns out I still bring it with me when she's not diving as a backup.

Laters,
  JAnos

PS - I would like to point out that 'holding the pole' refers to flag construction and is not a euphemism for something flithy.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Imported post

Never mind the gannets, how do I protect my self from the shags? I believe a shag is like a gannet but has a bigger wingspan.

Neil
fnar, fnar....

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Naaaaa... a Shag has a much smaller wingspan than  gannet
I like the Gannet hood Janos, but maybe a bit impratical for doing mask replacement

Personally I really like to see gannets when I'm out and about, beautiful birds, so graceful, although I must admit I've never been attacked by one

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ April 20 2004,13:42)]although I must admit I've never been attacked by one
Well a skipper in Scapa swear it's true. I'm still not sure I believe him though, however I'm going to err on the side of caution and carry mackeral-chaff and wear my Gannet-hood (except during mating season)

Laters,
   Janos

·
Registered
513 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Janos @ April 22 2004,23:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve W @ April 20 2004,13:42)]although I must admit I've never been attacked by one
Well a skipper in Scapa swear it's true.
Sounds like it must have been on its hols, most Scottish gannets live a bit south of Scappa, but may have got a cheap deal on Loganair.

Who's mating season are you wearing it until, yours or the gannets.

What I'm looking for is an easy way to carry all the bits and pieces that I take diving with me, got to be an easier way than having them clipped here there and everywhere. Could your shed come up with any solution.

Dougie

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Janos,

I first thought that Howard was barking mad, but i have seen it all nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

If it works as good as ya flag , then ya onto a winner

((( anytime that you want a report written from a skipper about how good that flag is seen , then i'm happy to help )))

Now commission from sales %age from each sold or a monthly retainer  

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Dougie Paddler @ April 22 2004,23:50)]What I'm looking for is an easy way to carry all the bits and pieces that I take diving with me, got to be an easier way than having them clipped here there and everywhere. Could your shed come up with any solution.
couple of guys in my club used to wear 'over the shoulder utility holders'.....  get a rope about a metre long, tie one end around the neck of your tank and tie your SMB, reel, torch etc to the other end.  it hangs down behind you when not in use, but when you want anything you just do the reg recovery maneuver and detach the piece of equipment of your choice!

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Dougie Paddler @ April 22 2004,23:50)]What I'm looking for is an easy way to carry all the bits and pieces that I take diving with me, got to be an easier way than having them clipped here there and everywhere. Could your shed come up with any solution.
Well I have made an 'arse pocket.' It's an erm pocket that hangs around my arse, but it's nice and out of the way, and just the right size to hold an SMB and small reel.

I will write it up sooner or later

Laters,
   Janos

1 - 14 of 14 Posts