YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

went to stoney today to try some new kit including a sherwood blizzard and octapus brand new just out of the box I jumped in breathed and found it hard going but pressed on at 20mt I could not get enough air it was just like the tank valve being only just open I swapped to the octapus but that was as bad so it was my liile pony time.Any one got any ideas why this happened? I swapped over to my back up dacor later and had no problems so it was not a tank or air problem. The regs will be going back to the shop and will be changed but this has tainted my view of sherwood is this a one off or has this happened to any one else?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Nigel
I've used a Sherwood Blizzard one of the earlier models and I was well impressed with how easy it breathed." A Good Reg"
Sounds like you got a rogue one there:sad:, not set up right maybe interstage pressures wrong etc.

·
Resident Serbian Sniper
492 Posts
Imported post

Hi Nigel,many people who know me know that I really rate Sheerwoods as I've used them at work etc.and found them to be bulletproof and mega reliable.I know the CDG have also used them too for similar reasons.I have read somewhere though,that a Blizzard on test performed below par.and this was down to poor adjustment.Not a good initial experience to go off really is it,personally I'd get them set up correctly and try agaain,but I already rate them.The choice is yours,let us know what happens,Hobby.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

hobby
I took the regs back to the shop they hooked them up and they work perfect so Im going to try them again on friday at stoney.I find that if i want air I have to breath deep on these regs but when I use my dacor I only have to look at them for air. Any thoughts?
?
??? or is it just me being a numpty!

·
Resident Serbian Sniper
492 Posts
Imported post

Right Nigel,before your 1st dive at stoney did they breathe OK at the surface?It still sounds to me that they're not right,you have two options.A)If you want to try yourself,put your Dacor 2nd stage on the Blizzard's 1st.If the Dacor breathes OK then the 2nd stage is the problem,(this I reckon is unlikely as the octopus did'nt breath well either and the chances of them both being out are slim)If the Dacor 2nd stage is hard to draw from then it points to a 1st stage problem which I reckon is where the problem lies.To me the dealer does'nt seem to have done much tohave satisfied me,it's a piece of life support equipment after all! So,2nd option which I'd do first really is ring the UK Distributor Sea & Sea on 01803 663012 and give them the rundown and tell them you want the reg.checked to your satisfaction.My old man's had some good dealings with Sherwoods distributors in the past and they seem OK,I think they'll be more than willing to help.Let us know what happens,Hobby.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

hobby
the dealer was spot on he wanted to have them checked and replace them but as they seemed to be ok at the shop i thought I would give them another try at stoney on friday just to rule out any f*ck up factor made by myself.I have noticed that I do breath very shallow and on the dacor a very gentle breath is all that is required and the sherwood need a harder pull may be thats how they all are.I will try them on friday and my buddy is going to give them a try also he says he,s coming back to haunt me if this go tits up!!!!!! I will let you now how I go on

(Edited by nigel at 11:55 pm on Oct. 2, 2002)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

I swapped the regs for a set of dacor eagles they were spot on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts