YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Maybe those Mayans had something after all .....
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just how many could you lose before it even began to bother you ?

All the best

Dave.

·
beware of imitations
790 Posts
Some of the questions and answers at the end are quite good as well, if you scroll down that far.

·
Tell me again... Which way is up?
1,041 Posts
That's some serious shiny fetish

·
Registered
91 Posts
any snap-on vans been stolen?
I was a Snap On dealerfoir a time in the early 80's. Top quality tools but seriously overpriced I'm afraid. As 95% of sales were on credit all you were doing latterly was chasing cash. I gave it up after three years and a bit when I could come out just about breaking even. Reasons? Theft off the van, customers absconding after giving false addresses in some cases and busineses moving out of my area as it was undergoing a massive regeneration project (still ongoing 30 years on) Glasgow east end, a very tough patch for those who know the area.
A near neighbour of mine became a dealer a few years later in the Falkirk area, he disappeared one Friday evening and his van was found burnt out the next day in the hills above Edinburgh with all the tools missing. He was not found for more than a year despite a huge search lasting several months. His body was found dumped in a wooded river valley under the M8 motorway on the route the van must have taken. A suspect was eventually arrested and convicted of his murder, he lerft a wife and two kids behind.
By this time I was working as a welder and doing work for the owner of the garage where this guy had previously worked. He warned me to have nothing to do with him (this was a couple of years prior to the incident)
It was all about debt the guy had run up for his tools, he told him to come to his place that evening to get some money, and murdered him when he came round. He must have had accomplices to get rid of the tools but no-one else was convicted. A big price to pay for a set of spanners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts