YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Respected Wreck-diving Author & Resident Farnes Ex
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi Everyone

Just to let you all know that Stephen Holt's new book 'The Shipwrecks of North Norfolk' is now available from his website at www.ship-wrecks.co.uk. Lots of good information about all the wrecks in that region and loads of ship photos. Price £15 and well worth it.

Cheers Ron  

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Imported post

Hi Ron,

Thanks for posting that, this area is well known to me as I was brought up and have done quite a lot of diving in the area.

This is probably a question for the man himself, Steve Holt, but I notice on the sample pages, page 47 refers to seeing the wreckage of the Rosalie from the Cley-next-the-sea bank. As far as I know the wreckage just off Cley beach is from the Vera, a coal ship.

Weybourne is about 8 miles up the coast. Unless it is refering to the sea wall as a whole?

Paul

·
Respected Wreck-diving Author & Resident Farnes Ex
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Hi Paul

The website must have been a sample of the book when he was first writing it because the ROSALIE is on page 57 now, so it must have been all revised since he set it up.

The book is not very thick, but there is an awfull lot of useful info in it for divers in that region and well worth it I think.

Cheers Ron
PS

The book just came out two days ago and I don't think he has a huge number of copies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts