YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I'll start a thread to see who the official YD alcoholic is! So the questions are;
What did you drink and how much?

Did you do anything silly?(Like tell the F-in-law how good at oral his daughter is)

Peter

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>My drinking will be tonight, I'm working on the wine, at the moment it looks like it will be:

Start:
      White Port
      Scotch Whisky
      Bailleys

White Wine:
      Cassis - French white from Provence
Red Wine:
      Chateux de Pez, Languedoc, French red

Tawny Port  - Croft
Vintage Port - Fonseca 1970
Unicum - A Hungarian digestive - rough as guts but effecteive

There are 10 of us in all including 3 brats, so in all it will be 8 bottles, over 1 each.

Merry Christmas to you all!

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Heads Up @ Dec. 25 2003,15:07)]Champagne breakfast, 2 bottles of merlot over lunch and just abouut to hit a 20 year old bottle of late bottled port.
<font color='#0000FF'>Out of curiosity which Port was it? You never know I may have foot trodden on those grapes. (We still tread the grapes by feet)

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Suddenly Jays bottle of Scotch looks like the better option than Chris's toenails!

Peter

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
If you thought mine were bad you should see some of the people who were picking grapes all day for them to tread for 4 hours at the end!
No worries there anyway the brandy that is added at the end kills all the stuff. The French use to tread naked with the grapes past their waitline . yuck... imagine picking the dry grape skin from your crack !

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Yuck indeed! Imagine drinking various ummentionable French secretions and residues!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Imported post

Merry Xmas to all Y.Ders and have a great New Year. I will toast your health later tonight with a nice Merlot
and I am looking forward to meeting you all in the Sound of Mull.

Billy

My Webpage

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

Billy,
     Ye telt me ye wirney going oan Sundae! Whit've ah tae dae?

Peter
PS-Happy X-Mas to you and I'll see you sooner than you think probably. The politics might need sorted out though.

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Chris Guimaraens @ Dec. 25 2003,15:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Heads Up @ Dec. 25 2003,15:07)]Champagne breakfast, 2 bottles of merlot over lunch and just abouut to hit a 20 year old bottle of late bottled port.
Out of curiosity which Port was it? You never know I may have foot trodden on those grapes. (We still tread the grapes by feet)
Warres Late Bottled vintage 1983 - VERY nice

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Dec. 25 2003,15:27)]Suddenly Jays bottle of Scotch looks like the better option than Chris's toenails!

Peter
I DON'T drink Scotch matey - its Old Bushmills, the HOME of whiskey!

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Heads Up @ Dec. 25 2003,17:20)]Peter
I DON'T drink Scotch matey - its Old Bushmills, the HOME of whiskey![/QUOTE]
I read an interesting thing the other day;
The Irish invented Whisky(Grrr), but it was the Scots that made it drinkable(without going blind).

Peter

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

Well, I can't match you boys, well not any more. I think I no longer posess a stomach lining and whilst losing weight isn't too bad an idea, I had not expected the loss to be down to the absence of kidleys and sliver.

Having consumed a few tinnies and a bottle of red wine I am very happy and relaxed and I hope to reach the state of "comfortably numb" later - but not too much further than that.

I wish you all a very hiccy Christmas.

Rgds
A definitely Finless Bryan.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Somewhat uncharacteristically, all I've had today is a shared (with Fi) bottle of Chateau Neuf De Pap - it was last night that saw me take on the men-folk on the neighbourhood (them on 'Wife Beater' - or Stella Artois, as it's more commonly known) and me on a starter of Colombard - before we moved to the 20 year old single malts, from my own private stash (it has to be said not their metier!), and I fleeced them all rotten in both Stud and Draw Poker! Happy days!

It would appear the chaps' ability to blag and bluff with anything resembling a straight face, whilst trying to prevent themselves from swaying AND talk at the same time, had deserted them! Tierney took the tape!

Indeed, we must have a Card School on one of the next YD gigs, what?  

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I have had a vodka and coke.  And i dont normally drink at home by myself -  a bit too close to alcoholisim for my liking!

I will make up for it at my birthday - THE LIVER IS EVIL AND MUSTY BE PUNNISHED

·
Registered
50 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>my brother got drunk about 3- 3.30 pm and he was sick all over my ps2 ant the tv and it was all his dinner that came up (very nice dinner, samon, veg, roast potatoes and so on and we had xmas pud after).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts