YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Shopping or diving? - which is better?

• Shopping?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diving?

• I hate them both (then why are you on this forum dumbass?)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>I vote shopping........mum says diving, i dont bleev her tho...what do you lot think?

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

You missed off both, and I do so love them both. You want Malls, persuade your mum to take you to Pensylvania, go to the King of Prussia Mall. You will be in seventh, eight, ninth and even tenth heaven. Louis Vuitton, Tiffany's and Bloomingdales, all within 20M of each other. not to mention 64 other shops, plus the best Chinese food I have ever had in the States.

Andrew

·
Nefarious Activist
2,298 Posts
Imported post

Shopping in dive shops is ok, beyond that it becomes very boring very quickly.

I make deals with my partner (ex-wife, don't ask) that if she can get to a checkout within a certain timeframe that I will pay for specified items, works for me.

Ian

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

Definately diving, although i do seem to take bethi shopping most saturdays, it's getting interesting now that i can fit into a lot of her clothes!!! So i can buy stuff for her and then borrow it.

·
Team Starburst
5,275 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>Shopping is best done online.........away from crowds
Tesco for food
Amazon for books and Cd
Lands End, Craghoppers, for clothes

Shopping does very little for me unless it features LDS, and even then I seem to have most toys I require at present, apart from more lights on my Green Force system........

Seems diving wins for me

Ian

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

Errrrrr let me see, I hate shoping with a pasion bordering on manic, I want to tear the heads of the people who keep getting in my way and even when I do get somthing I want I usualy feel guilty about it because I have expensive taste.

Diving is bloody fantastic

Soooooooo tough call then

ATB

Mark Chase
7 hours to go till the plain takes of and boord stupid

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Diving everytime - although I do see shopping as sport...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Imported post

And why is it that women, Liz in particular, go into shops, especially clothes shops, and proceed to take every single item off the racks/shelves, hold it up to themselves and then,(and this is the "bugger me sideways" bit), put them back again??

Is there only me in this world that goes into a shop knowing exactly what I want, buy it, and leave the shop?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>no offence but u lot suck. Shopping is the best sport in the world!
I couldnt live without it. Its not boring, and its better with crowds.....i duno why it just is!
Why do shops close on sundays??? other sports dont... hmmm.....

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bethi @ Mar. 28 2004,19:24)]no offence but u lot suck. Shopping is the best sport in the world!
I couldnt live without it. Its not boring, and its better with crowds.....i duno why it just is!
Why do shops close on sundays??? other sports dont... hmmm.....
Shopping is not a sport, it's what your partner makes you do, to earn a pass to dive....  

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Imported post

Maybe I have some kind of defective female gene but it has got be diving above shopping any time!

Any shopping I absolutely have to do is mostly done on the puter on the net...apart from dive gear purchases which I prefer to go the local dive shop (sds) to look at the gear in the flesh....

Maybe I'm getting old but I can't see the fun in getting stuck in traffic to get to Meadowhell and then getting stuck in the crowds walking around there like bloody robots....Aggghhhhhh....I'm getting stressed just thinking about it.....!!!!!! ykwim....

Scubachick

·
"Three sheds"
12,688 Posts
Imported post

I hate shopping.

When I used to work up near Marble Arch I used to get my sandwiches down Oxford Street. I really, really wish that ken hadn't been joking when he said he was going to introduce a 'fast lane' for walkers there. Especially roudn Christmas - the number of dawlders who wander aimlessly down the street. Grrrr.

But I am calm. I am relaxed. Violence is not the answer.

Laters,
   Janos

·
Registered
424 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scubachick1972 @ Mar. 28 2004,22:37)]Maybe I have some kind of defective female gene
No, you don't... I loathe shopping (unless it involves shoes). Changing rooms are places created in hell, hot stuffy, small, static, shops are overcrowded, shoppers are idiots (generic comment not intended to offend any specific individuals on this forum) who bumble around looking at stuff they can see in the dim distance instead of where they're going, thus invariably bumping into me... it's a miracle there have been no hanger related casualties yet.

My idea of shopping goes like this... see something in window.. go in.. try it.. like it.. ok, how many colours do you have that in? 5? excellent.. that's my spring wardrobe sorted.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Martyn Ward @ Mar. 28 2004,17:12)]Is there only me in this world that goes into a shop knowing exactly what I want, buy it, and leave the shop?
I've been told my shopping habbits are like an SAS raid; quickly in (to the shop), meet the objective (buy what I want) and reach the extraction point (car park) as quickly as possible.  

·
"That's NOT my avatar! It's film of me AFTER I was
528 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#008080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ Mar. 28 2004,11:16)]...it's getting interesting now that i can fit into a lot of her clothes!!!...
She's going to love you saying that!  

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Martyn Ward @ Mar. 28 2004,18:12)]Is there only me in this world that goes into a shop knowing exactly what I want, buy it, and leave the shop?
No, Martyn, I do exactly the same, which my wife finds extremely aggravating. The whole point of going into a shop for her is to browse and see what they've got. Grrrrrrrrrr!

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hmm it depends on what i want.  If its clothes then i will wander around to see if they have what i want.
Diving gear i just phone Chris Denney and ask him if he has one!

But generally i dont really like shopping, and compared to diving - NOTHING beats diving.  Not even sex (and yes im doing it right before some smartarse comes out with that one).

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bunny @ Mar. 29 2004,08:10)]I loathe shopping (unless it involves shoes).
<font color='#F52887'>Hear, hear well said Yvonne,

Although bizarely I have to add books to the list i can happily spend several hours in a big waterstones (longer if they have the coffee shop on the top floor)

If only I could get in the water more often (and not stoney cove)  

1 - 20 of 24 Posts