YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking my newly qualified soon to be Son-in-law diving this Sunday and I need to find somewhere he would be able to hire kit that is not too far away from the dive site. My first thought was Swanage pier, with Divers Down close by to hire kit, unfortunately I don't know the dives around there but have been told the pier is one of the best shore dives around. Any other suggestions are welcome and or comments or info about Swanage pier, would need to be southwest area as we can only do the day from Somerset.
Thanks
Doug

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
You should have no problem hiring kit in Swanage. Talk to Pat in Divers Down on the pier. The pier is a really nice shore dive and at only about 4m deep, it is great for finetuning buoyancy.

You could also get out on one of the boats... Swanage Diver, for example, as they often run trips out to sites such as Fleur de Lys, or some other fairly gentle drift dives. My club quite reguarly take newish divers down to Swanage, and we always have a great time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Swanage is great and easy, I took my brother there not long after he passed his OW in Thailand & he thought it was great. Another option is Porthkerris. Drawna Rock is just as easy & I believe that they hire kit out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts