YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My other half (and two of her course mates) are going to be working for the Forensic Science Service in Birmingham between 2nd May and 22nd August.

They're looking for furnished accommodation (3 bedrooms (ideally doubles), Internet, usual bits and pieces), for that period in the surrounding areas.
Most of the placement is vaguely near the airport (Birmingham business park, B37 7YN) and the rest at Priory House, Gooch St North, B5 6QQ)

Any ideas? Suggestions?
Anyone know of any agencies that deal with short term lets in the area that might have something appropriate?

Thanks very much,

Si

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Si, I know such places exist, and are catered for, but tend to be rather expensive, as they sit unlet for a great deal of time. Most places I know of would tell you to get a cheap B&B out that way instead, if you're booking several weeks then you can often arrange a pretty good room rate which could well be cheaper than very short term lets. Plus you get breakfast every day :)

I'll ask around locally, as a lot of the houses around here have lodgers for short(ish) periods as they have a lot of one or two people living in 7 or 8 bedroom houses and they rent them to lecturers at the uni short term as a bit of a pocket money exercise. That said, it's a fair old distance to the airport from where I am (nr the Uni)

Digs.

G

·
also as the FSS don't like there addresses published for security reasons, I'd advise you to remove the exact address and just give the area

just a thought ;)

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also as the FSS don't like there addresses published for security reasons, I'd advise you to remove the exact address and just give the area

just a thought ;)
Not sure about that? Why do they put all their addresses for the world to see on their website "contact us" page? That's where I got them from?

How to contact us

1 - 5 of 5 Posts