YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
18,471 Posts
Imported post

My personal bugbear is people coming down the line not making way for those coming *up* the line.

Surely those coming up should get right of way - after all they are holding stops, trying to control ascent etc and a herd of divers barrelling down through them is not conducive to this in the slightest!  I always go out around those already on the shot whilst descending.

· Registered
18,471 Posts
Imported post

Matt, the situation occurs on bouyed wrecks.  I have had it happen several times.

It is more a case of give way.....don't expect those coming up to give way to you if you are descending.  Make space, go around them, be gentle - don't just barrel on down, right through them as I have had happen to me.

Ok, there are currents and viz to consider, but you should be able to cope without losing your buddy.  If the viz is so bad you will lose the line full of divers you need to be damn close to your buddy anyway.

If you lose the shot on the way down, you can cope.  Either ascend and refind it, abandon the dive, or refind it at the bottom.  If you get barged off your stop on the way up it could be more serious.

We'll put a "If found please return to YD" tag on you on Sunday, Matt!!

Lou

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.