Votes: 22 51.2%
  • No, naming bikes is crazy!

Votes: 21 48.8%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its the summer.. get out and dive rather than worrying about naming your bike..
:rolleyes:

;)
I wish! Back at the hospital last Wednesday to have my minging ear hoovered out again :( . Can't even swim 'till it's fixed. Once it's clear I can start using the Pro-Ear (gimp) mask. Anyone handy for North London want to buddy me for a post recovery dive?

·
Registered
513 Posts
No, I live on a hill. Buying a bike seemed like such a good idea, but then cycling anywhere is too flippin tiring!!!

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
I have got to stop searching for funny/shocking pictures to go with YD threads. I've just been searching "sexy bike" images and I've come accross an "mmmmmmm lovely" moment and a "oh my God" moment.

I'm not sure if the "oh my God moment" is really suitable for ........... but then again it doesn't really ............ but there are naked breasts .............. Oh FFS, I don't know, PM if you are interested or want to be put of fattening food for life!!!

Girls, I doubt you'd be interested in the "mmmmmm moment" because you will not appreciate the engineering that went into the metal front carrier basket or the saddle springing. Also it looks like the silly lady forgot to undo her rear wheel padlock?

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
How stupid.

Naming a bike isn't like naming a car - there's no numberplate.

now, if I can only figure out how to pronounce 'JGX' then I'm sorted.... :rolleyes:
Names for bikes and cars...

My Mum (81) noted that the voice I selected on the GPS was called Jane so she started talking back to it as a joke.
"Thank you Jane."
Then, somehow, she started referring to the whole car as Jane.

I thought it was just her. I don't anthropomorphise things like that.

Then one night in the dark and the rain with many many miles still to go to get home the electronic air suspension collapsed into 'I need a dealer' mode and as I slowed down I realised I had just addressed an inanimate object as "JANE! YOU BITCH!"

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Names for bikes and cars...

My Mum (81) noted that the voice I selected on the GPS was called Jane so she started talking back to it as a joke.
"Thank you Jane."
Then, somehow, she started referring to the whole car as Jane.

I thought it was just her. I don't anthropomorphise things like that.

Then one night in the dark and the rain with many many miles still to go to get home the electronic air suspension collapsed into 'I need a dealer' mode and as I slowed down I realised I had just addressed an inanimate object as "JANE! YOU BITCH!"
I'll bet 50p you have a name for your CCR and talk to it during a dive? :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.