YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looked bigger underwater! Took us over an hour to find it, Zero viz. Felt dirty afterwards too, and not cos we were ravaging shipwrecks!

We ended up finding about 4 RC boats, 2 paddles, and about 3 or 4 spades of all things!

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
A long time ago I used to build these and take part in displays all over Scotland using small pyrotechnics.
They used to be good fun, three stories spring to mind right away.

Model WW11 destroyer starts sinking during a display sparking loud applause because of the fantastic realism, one person sat with his head in his hands it wasn't intentional...........

An 8ft long model of WW11 battleship KGV gets out of range and starts sailing out of rosyth dockyard towards the forth bridge, the cox of the gemini that goes after it later says it was the most realistic thing he had ever seen.........

Type 22 frigate docked in Glasgow at Yorkhill has a display put on the river to the open day. Commentary was broadcast over the ship with a radio link to the Gemini on the river with all the controllers, slight misunderstanding with the radio has every model turn and fire at the Type 22. Cue loads of screaming along rails of ship due to flying rockets and one p**ssed off RN skipper..... The first missile attack since the Falklands and we got away with it without being shot......:D

Happy days..........

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
It looked bigger underwater! Took us over an hour to find it, Zero viz. Felt dirty afterwards too, and not cos we were ravaging shipwrecks!

We ended up finding about 4 RC boats, 2 paddles, and about 3 or 4 spades of all things!
They would be left by divers trying to get a bit more depth :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He couldn't be bothered to remove it all just for a splash in a pond! Mind you it does go down to 9m near the middle (aparrently!). Though to be honest I think I had about 2.7m deepest...

·
Diving Dad
506 Posts

They would be left by divers trying to get a bit more depth :D
Nah, they'll have been used by the boaters who lost the paddles, as make-shift paddles :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Who do you need permission off to dive it? What's the viz like?
Not sure who the permission was off, suspect the local council or envionment agency. Viz is absolutely awful! We did just have a bit of rain too that didn't help..

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Would you get involved - those divers are bloody massive! Must be 40 metres tall looking at the size of that boat.

Digs.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Second from the right's taking no chances either, with a good sized bailout tin side-mounted. Can't be too careful.
ahem, that's me trying out a little side mounting....not a pretty sight.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Second from the right's taking no chances either, with a good sized bailout tin side-mounted. Can't be too careful.
Or cold water, if you know what I mean ;-)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts