YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Does anyone have a link / can post the text of the article by George Irving III which (reputedly) closes with saying that CCR / Inspirations should be supplied with a shovel?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

http://www.innerrealm.co.nz/dir_details.asp?pk=37

·
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Thanks for that Dominic ........ is there a rebuttal article as well?

(I'm not sure I am 'up' on the Inspiration enough to argue the case myself).

·
3,293 Posts
Imported post

Hi

Madmole did some kind of rebuttal on his site I think, although we all know the thing about the condensation has been addressed I believe.

I don't think it really matters whether you rebutt it or not, any DIR diver won't listen as there are shortcomings from a DIR point of view which cannot be solved without redesigning the whole unit and inspiration divers pretty much disregard the article anyway.

Kindest Regards

Andy

PS found the link http://www.btinternet.com/~madmole/divemole.htm

·
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>who's the argument with?  Myself, mainly (trouble with having multiple personalities, mind you at least I am always buddy diving.  No you're not)

I'm interested in lots of diving subjects, and I'd have to say I have a fascination for rebreathers and the inspiration.  I also have to say (and please note - I am a self confessed muppet and don't want to be flamed but I am basing my opinion on what I have read) that I find things that GI3 says a bit like "Comical Ali".  That's not to say I don't like the whole 'DIR' concept: what I have read about DIR interests me, provokes thought and I buy into a lot of  the concepts (and will possibly 'buy in' properly when I have more cash to spend on kit, specially the long hose primary reg idea).

Andy

p.s. in case anyone didn't get it, I don't really have multiple personalities, that was an element of self-depreciation in an attempt to tickle my own and potentially other readers funny bones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts