1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
New Member ? Its the same one i've always had
704 Posts
Where ?

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
Reefys maybe, saw a couple in March, and others on the boat saw some hammers. Normally I think you have to wait a little later in the year.

I'm sure one of our Red Sea Residents will be along in a minute with the real info.

One thing to remember, it can get a bit choppy at that time of year.

Enjoy the trip anyway whenever you go.
Pete

·
New Member ? Its the same one i've always had
704 Posts
Oh! :embarassed:

Don't know about the Red Sea, but here in WA, Whale shark season is just starting up in Ningaloo. Grey Nurse sharks are about in certain places, We recently found 16 individuals in a single cave, I know that they are harmless but your heart still beats a little faster when a 3m adult passes just over your head.
Port jackson sharks and assorted Wobbegongs are found year round along the coast. And, a couple of weeks ago I was attacked by a 2ft long catshark in 2 ft of water while snorkelling just off a beach.
Bull sharks are occasionally seen by boat users in the Swan river but we haven't had a GWS sighting for nearly 4 months. I think that they are all over Tasmania way stalking Mr Mason.:)

Reactions: 861-218

·
It doesn't look like that from where I'm sitting..
4,745 Posts
Can't see why not... I think the Hammers like the waters a bit cooler than in the summer months, so would more than likely be at recreational depths for you to enjoy! Bound to be some Reef Sharks about too..

Pete

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
So Ken you have the bug for booking early :D

We saw or at least some people saw hammerheads in April. Usual suspects obviously.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks For all your replys.
Fiona we have joined a local club, and went to sharm with them in Feb,
on a cruise & stay. They are thinking of simply the best on the Hurricane.
We went last Oct on GSS and saw lots of sharks, Hammers thresher silkies and an OWT. I just think if there are no sharks we would be better doing the wrecks.
Thanks Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts