YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until I can get to a better screen than my iPhone this thread has been moved to the staff area.

Sillypuffibn substantiate your claims or the thread won't be coming back.

Regards

·
Very Senior Member
1,908 Posts
Until I can get to a better screen than my iPhone this thread has been moved to the staff area.

Sillypuffibn substantiate your claims or the thread won't be coming back.

Regards
Does this mean that everyone has to substantiate what is written on this forum? Most the time posters are allowed to write completely unsubstantiated rubbish running down agencies, manufacturers equipment, training and even Mods :eek:mg: on the basis that its their opinion.
I am member of SITA and was present at the AGM last week I saw no indication of the alleged incident and would not wish to question those peoples integrity however I see the thread as no worse that when someone expresses their negative opinion of a dive shop or skipper etc as happens every day round here.

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Dave, the accusation of 2 people allegedly rigging votes in an election of individuals isn't the same as slagging off a dive shop for poor service or a personal opinion over what one person thinks of another's training agency. That is like saying to you that Silent Planet deliberately sells equipment which would not pass a safety check. Saying that Silent Planet has a certain pricing policy, which might be negative in some people's eyes, is correct.

I have asked Sillypuffin to substantiate the claim. If they can, the thread will be reinstated.

Regards

·
Very Senior Member
1,908 Posts
That is like saying to you that Silent Planet deliberately sells equipment which would not pass a safety check.

Regards
Glock,

Sorry mate, but if thats the rule I have a list of threads you need to delete - some in reference to SP and many not. But never mind, it has very little influence on life, the universe and everything else but Im was actually interested in the SITA story. Perhaps the OP can repost without the accusations just with inquisitive comments?

·
Partly Worn
2,799 Posts
Gloc,

Sure you don't need me to tell you but you called it absolutely right - the remarks were libelous (until substantiated) and YD could have found itself enmeshed in a legal fracas to nobody's benefit.

[Dave,
If the list of threads you have contained anything similar about SP I'm sure you'd be supported by all reasonably minded people if you chose to take legal action against the posters.]

A timely reminder to us perhaps that it isn't "just the internet"........and postings don't matter"

Here's my guess: The OP (or his favoured candidate) was defeated in said elections and he's a poor loser!

Finally let's not forget this was another of those "first posting whingers" who we probably wont see again now he's spread disent amongst the community using YD to peddle his personal hobby horse!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts