YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TTFN
1,757 Posts
I've never dived it before but going by the tidal stream atlas slack is HW Portland-5 and HW Portland+3.

I would imagine that the bay is fairly sheltered from tidal movement but don't take my word for it :D

Should be the best vis on the before tide, but I wouldn't worry as it should be pretty good at any time as at will be coming off neaps and the weather is forecast to play the game.

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never dived it before but going by the tidal stream atlas slack is HW Portland-5 and HW Portland+3.

I would imagine that the bay is fairly sheltered from tidal movement but don't take my word for it :D

Should be the best vis on the before tide, but I wouldn't worry as it should be pretty good at any time as at will be coming off neaps and the weather is forecast to play the game.
Thanks Rob, why don't you two come down too then? :D

·
Can't resist the shiny things.
297 Posts
Are you planning on diving IN Kimmeridge Bay? The area is tide independent (The Bay, Durdle Door nearby) but Kimmeridge bay is very shallow (I dived it last year in about 2m of water - might as well snorkel!) and it dries at low tide. There's also an odd double high tide but you can get the tide details from the lovely people in the marine wildlife reserve ([email protected], 01929 481044).

Oh - there's some more information here: http://www.dorsetwildlifetrust.org.uk/living_seas.html - look under Purbeck Marine Wildlife Reserve.

Olle

·
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Might be up for it. Depends what time.
Looks like mid afternoon. picnic on the beach in the sunshine then go for a bimble? High water is at 16.10 but we should be able to dive it a good bit earlier than that, it's a neaps weekend and not a lot of water movement.
Do we need a list? :D
1 PeeBee

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
We might come along with cameras. I might even get in the water if my mouth has cleared up. Otherwise I'll paddle and take photos from the surface.
(not adding us to the list yest cos I've been out of sorts and on some drugs, man).

·
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts