YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know of a slip in the Sunderland area where you can pay for a day?I know of the one in North dock but you have to pay an annual fee.
Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Does any one know of a slip in the Sunderland area where you can pay for a day?I know of the one in North dock but you have to pay an annual fee.
Thanks
Mark
I have got the little book where to launch around the coast and there are 3 slips in Sunderland all of them appear to show an annual charge.

I cant give you contact numbers if you want.

Gary

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have got the little book where to launch around the coast and there are 3 slips in Sunderland all of them appear to show an annual charge.

I cant give you contact numbers if you want.

Gary
Thanks Gary but as we wont be launching there that much I am looking for a pay on the day.However if you have the costs for those I would appreciate it.
cheers
Mark

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Thanks Gary but as we wont be launching there that much I am looking for a pay on the day.However if you have the costs for those I would appreciate it.
cheers
Mark
Sunderland River Wear (4 miles from river mouth) ~£6 + VAT and £32 + VAT PA.

Same for Roker Inshore lifeboat slip. By this only takes small manhandled craft.

Sunderland Marina is £80 per year.

However my book is a couple of years old so those figures are bound to be slightly out of date.

0191 553 2100 Port of Sunderland (first two)
0191 514 4721 Marina Manager

Gary

·
Respected Wreck-diving Author & Resident Farnes Ex
666 Posts
Why not try Hendon Promenade, there is a ramp at the end of it, which leads onto the beach. You can drive all the way along it at no cost, only problem is if there is a swell; the wrecks of the General Havelock and full-rigged French ship Quillota are just about 300m east of it too, in about 10m.

Cheers Ron

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Have you thought of Seaham or South Sheilds. Next sites down and up the coast.

Gary
You can get a day pass for the South Shields slipway at £12.50 - details here.

Sunderland is about six/eight miles up the coast.

HTH

Helen xxx

·
Respected Wreck-diving Author & Resident Farnes Ex
666 Posts
Why not try Hendon Promenade, there is a ramp at the end of it, which leads onto the beach. You can drive all the way along it at no cost, only problem is if there is a swell; the wrecks of the General Havelock and full-rigged French ship Quillota are just about 300m east of it too, in about 10m.

Cheers Ron

Forgot to mention, but at high tide you launch into the sea from the ramp

Cheers Ron;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts