YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I went DIR... but my bungies pulled me back!
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have aquired a slob knob but there are parts missing from the end which attaches to the manifold. I have attached a few pics and would appreciate it if anyone could identify what part/s are missing and if anyone knows where I could order spares from.

I have contacted Custom Divers but they claim that this is not a CD slob knob so cant help.

Cheers

Darren

Attachments

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
There's nothing missing.....just put the bits back in the bag and send them back......there's a good lad :D

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It was a freebie from a mate who is getting out of diving, so cant really send it back.

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Have a look at Diver warehouse for a picture. Thereshould be a SS (formula1 tyre shaped) knob. The SS knob attached to the manifold/valve and the end you have fastens with a small grub screw. Get your mate to give you the SS knob and get him to buy a new plastic one for his.

Dave C

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunatley he has "lost" the SS knob bit, stupid I know, but thats why he is getting out of diving.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I agree

Have a look at Diver warehouse for a picture. Thereshould be a SS (formula1 tyre shaped) knob. The SS knob attached to the manifold/valve and the end you have fastens with a small grub screw. Get your mate to give you the SS knob and get him to buy a new plastic one for his.

Dave C
Yes there should be a SS sleeve which slots over the centre manifold housing when you take the original knob off. Its held tight with 2 small grub screws. You can see on your piccie where the original screws have tightened up against the main slob knob body.

Custom Divers were no help to me when i lost a grub screw. I had to aquire one from work. Obviously they'd rather you buy a complete new one.

If you need i can take some piccies of mine and send them to ya

P.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I don't think its a Custom Divers one...I think it could be MDE. The custom Divers I have is treaded like a bold where yours is shaped Hezaganal like a nut at the end. Its not like any I've seen. The ali not is the nissibg bit and like the others said its secured by 2 grab allen screws....but for the cost of a new one, I reccon you'll be struggling to sort this one out.

·
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Phil.

·
Registered
38 Posts
HI,
I have the same looking valve mine is a CD one, the cover with the
grub screws is missing. you screw the piece you have got into the
isolator valve, then the cover locks it in place.
Andy

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
HI,
I have the same looking valve mine is a CD one, the cover with the
grub screws is missing. you screw the piece you have got into the
isolator valve, then the cover locks it in place.
Andy
As someone else has already said, this definately isn't the Custard Divers slob knob as it lacks the screw thread that screws the end fitting into the SS 'knob'. I've never seen the MDE slob knob but a CD knob this definately aint...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts