YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

What dive-related prezzies did YOU get this year?

Myself, I was very restrained, and only asked for the Palm m505 this year - so I can keep my logs on it, and install DecoWeenie.

Course, that means buying the software (and maybe hardware), but if I wanted to save money, I wouldn't go diving

·
Registered
202 Posts
Imported post

Ha, was waiting for this thread !!

Object of beauty - FaMi Solar 12 Umbilical HID - needs to get wet very soon me thinks !!  

Paul

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Well I've been diving a borrowed Halcyon wing from my very good friend Ammers but my lovely darling wife suprised me with a....... Halcyon wing!! Yess!!

Dontcha just luv chrimbo!!  :biggrin:

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

OK, if we're on this track....

* A Halcyon 55lb lift wing
* Two x Poseidon Jetstream 1st-stages & Regs.
* Requisite hoses for the above.
* OMS bands for the above twinned 12l tanks.
* A six-pack of 'learn how to use this properly and not get in to difficulty after learning the correct procedure or look like a twat or get dead'.
* The correct team to go and learn the above with.

Dive safe people.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Jay,

Is that a scent of bitterness I see creeping in??? ;)

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

I'm back! just logged on and found too many posts to handle!
Will post a trip report in the next day or two, needless to say we had a great time in Sharm

Back to the thread, most of my presents seemed to consist of  either wine or whisky (hic...) I dunno, people seem to think I'm a bit of an alky  :boozer:
Anyhoo, off to planned trips to see if anyone is up for a lakes dip before NYE
Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
186 Posts
Imported post

People always give me deodorant.  I'll swop; its funny how you never know how fragrant you are until the cat wants to curl up in your armpit.

(Edited by budgy at 10:27 am on Dec. 28, 2002)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Imported post

Hi Big Steph, I thought about getting a rib but find the operating cost is to high as we can spend £40 on fuel visiting Loch Striven from Largs. I would rather have a 30' diesel powered  grp ex ships lifeboat.  You can't tow it easily so it won't be so versatile but it will do about 6-8 knots and use about a gallon an hour, raise the freeboard a little, put a cabin on it and it would be comfortable enough for weekends and big enough to carry a compressor and cost less than a third of a fully equipped new 6m rib. I think it would be a liveaboard good enough to economically visit and dive the whole of the west coast and I could stay within an easy £30 a day budget.  

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

None......

But I did get four bottles of top-notch whiskey so am waiting for Bren and Gav to break down my front door! :lol2:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Imported post

I have tried some of the more expensive whisky, personally I only buy supermarket blends, Asda's is pretty good.  I also like Tesco's Canadian.  

·
Registered
186 Posts
Imported post

Before bar codes I once found a single bottle of 21 year old bells which the store staff had put the ordinary bells price on.  After buying it I just didn't have the nerve to ask if they have any more.  Still the laugh was on me as I didn't like it.

(Edited by budgy at 4:35 pm on Dec. 30, 2002)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts