YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Im showing my ignorance again i'm afraid

I read that you can get sofna that changes colour when it is used.

As I'm on my first 25 litre tub of the stuff I got what I got.

Cab you readilly get the colour changing stuff and if so it seems like a good idea to me as then you can actually see how it is reacting to different profiles and vatiables.

any thoughts?

·
more posts than dives? book a boat asap
1,079 Posts
Imported post

the colour changing stuff is shite as it does not provide an accurate indication of usage, and will not allow you to extend the life of your fill you should use it as per recomendations

regards

decowarrior

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

I think my cats are too fussy to use anything that smells that bad.  Imagine all the cold germs, *** breath, curry flavour and old beer smells that are in it. Don't get onto the cat subject, another topic on here is full of cat haters who think thier only any good for lining gloves.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Imported post

i read somewhere that sodfonlime gets saturated on a curved bases, ie it all goes pairshaped quickley, not a slow build up, this in mind relying on the colour change is a verry easy way of killing yourself

it will 0nly turn pink right at the end of its life, strict changing of your lime, is the only way to be sure

something else to think about though,
a better question to ask would be, (how long do you all use your lime for??)  as you will find most people use it for longer than recomended,
i have a 1.5kilo container and the recomended duration by drager is 70 mins, i will use this for 100 mins without hesitation, drager base there duration times on the extream unfit fatty divers working at 2.5lpm consumption rate

i do however change the lime after every days diving, even if i have only done a 25m bimble, this to me saves any confusion as to how long you have dived the lime

·
Registered
163 Posts
Imported post

Chamber use - change it per therapeutic. Before you get ideas of running it for 8 hours plus, I've never seen it change colour to anything I'd say was a change - even after a treatment plus a week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts