YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

sofnolime on planes

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jackdiver 
#1 ·
if you are going away and taking lime with you on a plane you now have to tell the airline before you fly. not just letting the holiday company no that you are taking it.. The custom and handlers have to ask the pilot of the plane if he wants it onboard.... i no this as got locked in a room at gatwick for two hours because of this... please check before you fly

#2 ·
Really? Did you have the MSDS sheet with you stating that it was non-hazardous material (unless ingested) and therefore shouldn't fall under dangerous goods as far as IATA?

I've not flown with any more than a fill but didn't have a problem a couple of months ago.

#3 ·
i had all the paper work. and a copy on the bucket. i told tony backhurst before we left. they told me there that they did not take a couple of buckets a week before me as the pilot did not want it on his plane. just wanted to let you guys no as it was a pain in the arse for me. they nearly did not let me on the plane.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.