YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>A couple of questions please:

I've noticed that many of you are talking about Photoshop and the differences of pictures look great. I've looked at the Adobe site to see it costs approx $800. Am I looking at the wrong program? Is there one that is a 'free version'?

Also with my digital camera (Canon S40) I've made short videos. I want to make a DVD where I can place the videos and pictures. Does Photoshop do this?

Taking pictures is getting very technical nowdays!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Imported post

You could investigate Photoshop Elements which has a good range of features, but not as much as the Big Daddy!

PS Elements 2.0 at Amazon

HTH

Dom

·
Registered
609 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I use Photoshop simply because it was given to me... by a mysterious guy in a back alley... I suspect quite a few got the programme from the same guy...

K

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Photoshop Elements has everything we amateurs need. The full, expensive version is intended for professional photographers.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Paint Shop Pro is very good too. A lot easier to use the Photoshop and I believe that you can get up to version 5 or 6 free from any magazine cd cover these days. Most people only use about 10 percent of Photoshops power anyway. I use it quite a bit and know that I'm barely scratching the surface.

If you fancy Paint Shop Pro and can't get hold of a free copy PM me and I can sort it out for you..

DVD Creating Software -
Nero 6 Review
WinDVD Creator

Haven't used either of the above for creating DVD's but have used nero 6 extensively for cd creations and backups and find it very intuitive and easy to use.

Hope that helps,

All the best,

Ian

·
Liberal Lefty
1,694 Posts
Imported post

Paint Shop Pro 6 is an excellent program (circa £100) and should contain all of the features that you'd want unless you'll be doing some very clever stuff.  

Photoshop is the mutts nuts for editing photographs (I use version 5 but for dry land pics) but you can get a little carried away with it and try and do too much with a photograph.  Cover CDs from mags such as Computer Shopper, PC Pro and Digital Photographer should give you some useful trailware or full versions of old software

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

I use an "evaluation" copy of paint shop pro 8 which came from somewhere or other, same supplier as norseman probably. it's good though!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Imported post

Photoshop is the one to go for but it is a bit pricey and sometimes it lets you do more than you need. For the money I would go for Paint shop Pro or get a evaluation copy from the front of a PC magazine.

Did you get any editing software with your camera?

Dave

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'><span style='font-family:Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>You could download photoshop from kazaa for free ! full version cs(8)
and serial number .
Not that I would do such a thing!</span></span>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts