YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have some spaces available diving off of Neptune out of Dover on the following dates. Each day is a single dive day costing £25 and the meeting point is Dover Marina, on the lifeboat pontoon just below the marina office. You need to be suitably qualified and experienced to the depths and each will be a return to shot dive.

We have some nice viz off of Dover at the moment and a sea temp of 8 degrees at depth and 10-11 degrees at the 6m area. Hopefully we will keep the viz and the water will warm up a little more over the next few weeks.

These dives are normal hardboat rules, by booking a place you are committing to pay if you drop out unless we can find a replacement or the dive is blown out.

Mon 17 March - HMS Hermes The pre-WW1 cruiser converted to seaplane carrier HMS Hermes which is off of Calais and has a max depth of 32m and is very intact and inverted above this firm sandy seabed. Meet at 0915 to depart at 0945

More wreck information and a video of one of our dives last year are here:-

Canterbury Divers - Wrecks

Sun 30 Mar - SS Mandovi Near Dungeness this intact and upright freighter is at a general depth of 35-37m. Meet at 1340 for a 1410 departure

Mon 31 Mar - Liner Cuvier This quite fantastic wreck is in a max of 41m with the decks and 1st class cabins around the 35-37m range and the crockery filled holds at about 38m. Meet at 0745 for a 0815 ropes off.

More information about this wreck here

Canterbury Divers - Wrecks

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have permission off of the French coastguard to dive the Hermes now and still have 4 places left.

Well worth the trip, this wreck has been described as being like diving on HMS Hampshire except its 20m shallower :)

G

·
0 Posts
might be interested in the two-dayer Paul

I'll see what Henson has planned for the Easter gig as your trip is only the week after

we missed out on the Mandovi last Easter due to viz

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should maybe add we have very good Neap tides for our 2 days ;)

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Bugger bugger bugger

Diving the Moldavia on the Friday 14 and Dover gig on the 21st so no chance of the Monday unless Moldavia is canned. If it is ill be begging for a slot :D

Same thing if easter is blown ill be after the Monday 31st gig

ATB

Mark

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can only have a place if you promise not to mention:-

a. Caves
b. Cave Diving
c. CCR v OC for Caves ;)

Please also leave the rest of your Team behind ;) :)

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've still got spaces for Monday's dive on HMS Hermes, Windguru are forcasting F3 so Harry Flatters :)

·
Resident Windfarmologist
1,852 Posts
shut it oliver!

Im stuck in copenhagen yet again! :(

·
Registered
211 Posts
A free holiday....?

Paul, I calculate that if you charge the new £5 Neptune booking fee on your dives, as some now do, you can make enough money this year to have a free holiday in the Red Sea!! (Please DON'T, I am joking!!!)

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Paul, I calculate that if you charge the new £5 Neptune booking fee on your dives, as some now do, you can make enough money this year to have a free holiday in the Red Sea!! (Please DON'T, I am joking!!!)
I like that idea :) as i spent this years holiday money on a new car i may have to start that ;)

I have at least 1 day booked on every Neap tide this year :)

G

·
0 Posts
glad you sorted me a spot on the two-dayer Paul

looks like I'll be needing it, I'll email you later mate

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Two questions.............

Is it full and is it going??

Di

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Di

There are some spaces and i have not had confirmation about Andy P yet.

I am waiting till a bit closer for the weather forecast.

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just to clarify the forecasts for Sun and Mon were for strong winds yesterday, looking at Windguru now they show it dropping off early on Sun morning and being a mill pond on Mon so it now looks VERY good for the 2 days :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts