YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Came up from another brilliant dive this afternoon. We went to look for a certain previously observed shrimp - didn't find it.
But we found lots of other stuff - took a few pics.
Pleased to see the anemones coming out at night... Didn't find Nemo, unless he tranformed into a cod.

Hermit with wraparound anemone:

Anemone city:

Anemone twins?

Nemo? He tried desperately to hide from me behind those leaves. Didn't quite work...

Comments are welcome, any which way. I can take it.

Kyrre

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Thanks for the comment.  

Funny you should say "clear water". My buddies complained about the visibility... we thought maybe a boat had passed by recently. Can't have been more than 10-15 meters or so.

About the shrimp: We found a shrimp on that wall a couple of weeks ago. It looks a bit like a tarantula looking from the front... and does not belong here! So we went back to have a looksie.. this time with camera. No joy. I'll have to go back there again and again...

This is most likely what we're looking for:

Kyrre

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Hi Kyrre,

very, very nice photos - except the twins (they don't quite work for me, I think its the combination of the DOF / composition).  The final one makes me chuckle, it looks stoned!

What's your rig?

Also was it you that took the photos of of Abbs and the Farnes last year?  If so do you have a link to them, I've been trying to find it recently but can't.

Cheers,

Tim

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Thanks for the comments Tim. I appreciate all input.

I have to agree with you on the twins. In all I guess the setup and as a whole the composition and focus is offset and besides what kinda boring. I was at the time franticly trying to get contact with my buddy in order for him to move in for a closeup but he was looking the other way. Some buddy, huh?  

We saw quite a few mini-cods swimming about and they do generally look a bit stoned at night. Shining a bright torch at them doesn't help much I guess. I find it difficult to get a proper and interesting picture of fish like that - this one I just found intriguing since he "squeezed" down sideways in order to look as inconspicuous as possible.

I don't have much of a rig. It's a Canon S40 with a DC300 housing. I've experimented around a bit but end most of the time on automatic with the flash speed down a notch. I might actually have to go down yet another step since I have a tendency to burn stuff on closeups.

Abbs and Farnes? Haven't been there. Actually I haven't tried diving in the UK at all. I live in Northern Norway.  

Regards,

Kyrre

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Ah, ok.  I thought you were one of the guys in Johns tour of the UK last year.

Well, given the rig you have I think you should be very happy with the photos - especially the first and last.

Cheers,

Tim

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Kyrre,

You're doing it again! But at least there were no wrecks in 20m viz this time. I'm going to have to stop looking at any posts with your name on!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Davies @ Feb. 06 2004,15:39)]Kyrre,

You're doing it again! But at least there were no wrecks in 20m viz this time. I'm going to have to stop looking at any posts with your name on!
<font color='#0000FF'>Hehe. I'll sneak in under a different name. You won't get away!

My aim is to make as many people come up here as possible. And since they're already on their way they might as well bring along some cheap divegear for me.

Nice diving. Horrible prices. Norway in your heart.  

Kyrre

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Timing @ Feb. 06 2004,11:12)]Also was it you that took the photos of of Abbs and the Farnes last year?  If so do you have a link to them, I've been trying to find it recently but can't.

Cheers,

Tim
It was Henrik Jonsson. Here's the link again
http://www.grodmanssyndikatet.se/f-salt.html
Great pics, Kyrre!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts