YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Right Ok, I'll let myself in for trouble.
I will be willing to do a trip to the Sound in March or April. The plan would be to dive the Hispania twice, the Shuna and the Thesis. Cost for the boat will be £300 per day and cost for Lochaline is £11.50 per night. I am only planning on going up for a weekend(Fri + Sat night)(diving Sat + Sun) but for those coming from further afield let me know what you want to do and I'll try and sort something out. The boat will either be the Silver Swift or the Brenden, both of which I have dived off before and there good boats and skippers. Numbers will be limited to 12 with a free Kit-Kat on board. What more do you want?

Peter

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Right Peter,

Depending on dates it'd be great to have a dodge around the Shuna(loved it last time I was there, despite the weather) and the Thesis(one of my favourites).

If you're up for a wee pint or seven one night in Jan give me a shout and I'll leave the car in Embra. Maybe you can show me a decent pub in Glasgow !!!! Now there's a challenge.

Happy Xmas and Hogmanay and New Year ...

Gav

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Is that you and Fi, or just you. As spaces are limited it helps if i can start penciling names in. The dates can be arranged to suit people. Whoever is interested can tell me when they can go and I'll try and find a happy medium. I should have said earlier that there is only 10 spaces as I will have one and my buddy will have one.
Peter

·
Killed in the line of Duty. RIP.
173 Posts
Imported post

Bloody ####, I thought I'd bust the forum, something about it flooding. Whats that mean then heads, am I likley to drown then?
Peter YES I would be very interested, can you sort the dates out as soon as poss, I'll have to apply for leave dependant on which dates are chosen.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Will do as soon as I get a 2003 calender.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

The weekend will be the 7th, 8th and 9th March. Possibly the 10th if the southerners want it. The cost will be £73 + air fills, beer and food I suppose.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

The end of Jan at the latest. I'll need to check availibility of the boats and accomodation though.
Peter

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

Just bringing it back to the top.
Full info,
Staying at Lochaline on the 7th and 8th March(poss 9th)(cost £11.50 per night)Self catering, but it's spotless.
Saturday Diving the Shuna and Hispania.
Sunday Diving the Thesis and Hispania.
Possibility of diving Loch Fyne or Loch Long on the way back down.
 I so far have the following 5 names penciled in;Peter k, Gavin Yates, Fiona Yates, Andy W, Driftwood.
So come on people, you were all moaning about trips not being organised, well here you go. What more do you want?

Peter

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Hi Peter,

I'm very interested, but, where can I find a bit of info on the wrecks, to be honest March is a bit awkward as it is my girls birthday on the 13th and am going to Sharm on the 23rd, but if possible I will come, that is, if you will have me. Will let you know in a few days.

Andrew

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

Hi Andy,
       If you go to wreck tours on handbag.net you will find the Hispania at #2 and the Thesis at #25. The Hispania is also in the 100 best wreck section at #23. I'll see what I can track down about the Shuna, but she is a good dive.

Peter  

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Peter.
Have you got room for a small guy & his daughter.
Dived Sound once before with Puffin on the Urchin, had a great time and would love to dive up there again.
Please let me know about payment.
We would like to stay Fri,Sat & Sun.
Many thanks from a scotch whisky drinking southerner.(me thinks this is from my scottish mum)

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Imported post

Got room for one more?
Old haunts beckon.........

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

Hello Diving Dude, Driftwood and Richie,
            How's about real names.
Diving Dude: The Sound of Mull is NOT a place to throw a un-experienced girl into. I am happy to take you both along, BUT, let me know what dives you both have done. I will have the final decision!! I do not know much about but I can guess about other members off YD. Let me know on my E-mail.
Sorry If this isn't making sense.

Drifty; SSAC-Trustworthy, We have both done it, SSAC/MD

Richie; I have no idea who you are, you will need to tell me more. You are more than welcome though.

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Hi Peter.
Your quite right re- names, mine is Howard Tompkins.
Bit silly really calling myself diving dude, but it makes me feel better than calling myself Old,bald,fat diver even though that is a pretty accurate description.
My daughter is 22yrs and has 210 dives (approx 170sea)including Sound of Mull, Normandy, south coast,Ireland Scapa 3 times and a few pretty girly dives in Florida, Egpyt and Turkey.
Thanks for trying to organising something, it is a thankless task, having had more than my fair share of trying to fill boats on what I consider great trips ie. Scapa, Oban, Normady, Farnes, Egypt livaboards.
This is why I now mostly dive midweek or on boats that take individuals not whole boat booking.
Stick with it mate, I for one am happy to pay more if you cannot get a full boat.
I`m a happy bunny at the moment, tomorrows dive at Brighton is going ahead Yippee, no DIY tomorrow.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Aww fuggit, count me in as well - what's a 1400-odd mile round trip matter as long as I get a half-decent few sploshes to show for it?
Anyone from daahn saahf want to share a car cos I'm taking mine.
PS My real name isn't Rob Evans

·
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Hi Mate,

Read the reports and now I'm very interested, got a couple of questions though.

1) If possible I tink I would like to bring Lizzy (my partner) up with me. Do you know of a reasonable hotel we could stay at, I need to come up with a sweetener.

2) I tend to dive with the same guy all the time, would it be possible for me to bring another diver up.

All the best,

Andrew

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Imported post

Hi Andy,
Question 1: Yes, that would be no problem, but no, I do not know a good hotel in Lochaline. There only is one and I do not know how 'good' it is.
Question 2: No problem, it is your assessment of his capibilitys though.
    I shall mail you all with my personal address, If you can mail me back I'll get a group set up in my Outlook express. It's just easier for myself to pass info back and forward this way.
Peter

·
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Hi Peter,

just mailed you, sorry but I am going to have to back out, it is just too much time off work, now I am back I know what I have got to get done and to get to Mull would mean taking an extra day off and I am away for a week already in March.

Sorry mate, hope I can get up later in the year as it sounds superb.

Andrew

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Imported post

No problem Andy, I'll send you the word doccy anyway. I was going to deduct the silicone oil from your cost as well.I tend to run a couple of Sound trips a year for the club, so I'll make a point of inviting you to the next one I'm doing.
  OK people, I have one space to spare, If you are interested let me know on
[email protected]  

1 - 20 of 22 Posts