Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I spoke to the Lochaline Dive centre the other day at the show and broached the idea of a mass trip between YD and Eastwood. Ideal number would be 30/ Cost would be £70 approx(accom + swimming with the fishies). Max depth 30'ish mtrs. The same script as the last one really. Sorry I can't give an exact date just now, it'll depend on the boats/ dive centre availibility.
 I've just had a butchers at a diary. The weekend of Fri 26th to Mon 29th. It's the Sep weekend. Do three days diving(2 days in the Sound, 1 day at Coll or Tiree). Arrive on the Fri, leave on the Mon eve/Tues AM. The cost for this would be £100-£110 approx.
 I'll start praying for better weather just now.

Peter

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Just bringing it back up again. I think I must've posted it too early, either that or you lot aren't interested.

Peter

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ June 30 2003,14:13)]Just bringing it back up again. I think I must've posted it too early, either that or you lot aren't interested.

Peter
or maybe they are just confused about the dates, the start of the thread  says SEP but the red text and the forum calendar say october??? How do you put dates in the calendar? Does Jason and co do it?
Is it the 26th to 29th September then???
I love oban, it's where I realised that UK diving is actually fun! if it is september then put my name down plus one for my buddy (dunno who yet but I will start recruiting). Personally I like to get dates fixed earlier so that I can put it on the calendar in the kitchen and stake my claim for the weekend off.

Jules

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Sorry Julia. Someone actually pulled me up for that the last time I brought it back up. It's the September weekend(26th to 29th).
 I'll need to start getting names for this tout-suite as it's getting nearer and I'll need to know if people want the two or three days.
 All them that were on the Last one- I've lost all my E-mail addresses, so as I said before you'll get first refusal if it ends up a numbers thing. I can't have 1 1/2 boats. It'll either need to be 1 full boat or 2 full boats, etc.

Peter

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF00FF'>I'll be interested, will work on the lovely Liz and try and go for two places, along with Jules and her buddy(?).

·
3,299 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>put me down as a deffo for two places.... and i will start recruiting...

Jules

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

Hi all,

OK that's me starting to get the trip organised.
All those wanting to go mail me on

[email protected]

It's just easier if it gets organised over my Outlook Express as the posts here end up a fankle.(See Angelsey gig) The last one went reasonably well except Gavs dilemma and the fact I couldn't dive. Oh, and it was pi**ing down, but hey, at least we got dives in unlike the monkeys on the last Angelsey gig  
 The plan for this one is the usual mixture of Hispania, Thesis, Rondo, Shuna and a surprise if we do the 3rd day. The surprise is I havn't even figured it out yet, but it will be something different.
 The dives are 30mtrs max except the Rondo which is 55mtrs max, but the beuty of her is she sits nearly vertical with her stern at 6mtrs with the bows at 55, so you can pick your depth.

So far-
Peter
Barry(Let me know)
Chris Hall
Liz (Hall?)
Julia C
Julia C's buddy

Peter

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

So far
deffos;
Peter K
Liz R
Chris H
Julia C
Julia C's buddy
Tony(Parahandy)

Possibles
Timothy I
Barry ?

I'm still trying to get a boat as my usual guy is "probably" booked up. He said he'd get back to me in a couple of days so I'll give him that grace as he's a good skipper. If anyone has a preference for the 3rd day let me know and I'll see what I can get organised.

Peter

·
3,299 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>prefernce for third day should probably be "whatever is gonna be good depending on the weather". Personally I am always one to take the advice of the skipper and go for whatever he recommends....

Cant wait
Jules

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.