YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi All,
        I'm rapidly cobbling together another SoM gig. We'll be diving 35mtrs absolute max, mostly 25-30mtrs(1st dive). The dives will be a mixture of wrecks, scenics, drifts and hunter-gatherers. It's the long weekend of the 15th, 16th and 17th of November.(Please note that the wrong date is in blue at the post heading)Total cost will be £100-£130 depending on the head count (inc. accom. boat and air).

Deffos;
(1)Julia C,
(2)Peter K,
(3)Gavin Yates,
(4)Fiona Yates,
(5)John Mitchell,
(6)Derry Hamilton(Rasilon)
(7)Chris Hall,
(8)Liz Rimer,
(9)Budgy,
(10)Kev W,
(11)Bob A,
(12)Nick
(13)Howard T(Diving Dude),
(14)Becky,
(15)
(16)Steve W,

Possies;
(17)Driftwood
(18)
(19)Lou,
(20)Caroline,
(21)Simon TW
(22)DD's chum,
(23)DD's chum,
(24)Matt Bin

If you want promoted or demoted from any of the above lists then shout out loud on [email protected] . Obviously with the timescale on this one I've got no time to be ar*ed about.

I can take anything between these numbers; 10-12(1st boat) or 20-24(2nd boat). Anything else does not compute fairly!!!

The easiest way to get me if you want to go is; [email protected]

Must be the sado-masochist inside me,
Peter

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Peter.

l've e-mailed you, please move the Sunglass suit dude and the Beckster to the deffos.

Becky says we're mad to be going on another zillion mile round trip for a weekends diving.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

Looks like a cracker in the offing, so don't be shy, get your name down!

Peter

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Peter

The boat will have to leave lochaline on Sunday the 16th of November no earlier than 10.45am.

This is because England (the worlds top Rugby team), will be playing in the Rugby World cup semi-final, kick off 9am.

Scotland will be knocked out by then so l hope all you sweaties will be supporting England.  

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Might come along (just in case a ertain person needs a new MDE pillar valve) but my job situation has just gone up in the air again, and I've not dived for 3 months, and I'm moving house, and I'm skint, and the missus will kill me, and I wanna do my Ad. Trox sometime......

Make excuses? Moi?

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Yeah Drifty, I suppose the dog ate your homework as well

You're down on the possies list!

OK folks, I now have enough numbers inc. possies for the two boats. If the people that are down on the possible list let me know one way or another ASAP then I can have a better idea of what I need to fill elsewhere than YD. It also lets numbers 13-19 know whats going on with them in the definates list.

I'll ask again. Could the peoples whose E-Mail addresses I don't have (Howard, Becky, Tim, Kev W, Bob A) please send me a quick mail to the above address(Not the Yahoo one)? It really does make my life a whole lot easier as questions and information tend to get lost in threads. I can deal with the group as a whole and also answer individuals directly that way. Thanks!!!

Matt B- Have you asked L + C yet?

Peter

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Peter
I have mentioned it to Lou, she's very tempted apart from personal reasons - lack of dosh! But she's a poss.
I'll let you know my position asap.
You know its the w/e of the dive show dont you, still it saves me wasting money on more crap I dont need.

Matt

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Definitely considering........money is the stopper.  Give me a day or two to decide and I will let you know.  It does look fantastic and C is convinced too.  

My bloody bathroom will never get done.  Next time you see me it'll be on DIY SOS with the perma-pregnant Lowrie Turner!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Ooooh! Lowrie Turner or Anna Ride-her Richardson??

Anyone seen Gavster recently?

·
Resident Princess & 'Ned Redresser'
194 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>Well, I was away at the weekend, but he was last seen in Edinburgh in the company of a certain Mr Ben Harris just returned from Dive site X .....

he's at home!

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

Hi Guys'n'Dolls,
                   That's the boat and accomodation for 12 booked. It's still no problem to get the other boat and more rooms but out of fairness to myself, Howard, Becky and Tony could the possibilities pleeeeease let me know by Monday so I can get on with number crunching and H, B + T know what they're doing.
This is the idea so far;
Sat;
Dive 1-
Thesis(Wreck30mtrs),

Dive 2-
Scallops(Dinner25mtrs),

Dive 3-
Shallow scenic(<15mtrs).

Sun;
Dive 1-
Shuna(Wreck28mtrs),

Dive 2-
Hispania(Wreck25mtrs)

Mon;
Dive 1-
Torr Vane(Wreck 30mtrs)

Dive 2-
Don't know, but probably a local scenic.

Peter

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Hey Peter!

What is the date for this trip, as it is posted as being in 2015. If this is the case the interest made on the money should cover our costs? Or, have I just not been out of bed long enough.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

I know, I know! I got my 15 and my 03 mixed up. You're not the first person to have pulled me up on it, it's just that once it's posted I can't change the date.

Peter

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Peter/Howard,
looked at my finances and as much as I'd like to do the gig I cant make it. Its got nothing to do with meeting you on Saturday honest  

Thanks for the invite, hope you have a great/safe time and I'll be thinking of you as its also w/e of the dive show in Brum.

Take care
Matt

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Come on Guys.

My little girl is going to be so upset if we can't come on this trip because there's not enough bodies for a second boat.

How will you all be able to live with yourselves.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Imported post

Well Dude,
              If the possibilities get their fingers out and let me know then we've got 23. There is also maybe going to be a "celebrity" guest appearance, but I want to get 20 before I try for that.

Peter

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

You Bs**d I remember now who it was.  

I'm going to have to work on the finances again after that inducement, does the 'celebrity' get to share the 'possibilities' bunk house as you other guys are already committed?

Matt

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Imported post

It's not a bunkhouse Matt. It's all twin en-suite rooms(bunk-beds). I suppose I should put the link up. I just assumed everyone would have it.

Peter
PS-Don't come up star chasing now. You're either there because you want to be or not!!!!Lochaline Dive Centre

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Imported post

Hi Simon,
             You need to remove the NOSPAM bit. It stops internet robots harvasting my personal Oulook Express account address. Sooooo   [email protected] (Remove NOSPAM)

I take it this means you're interested?

Peter

1 - 20 of 44 Posts