YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mini XDA which runs on Windows for Pocket PC

I can sleect MP3 files and ask for them to be ringtones but how do I add them to the sounds list so I can use them as notifications for emails/texts...

It may be that I'm being thick - or perhaps it can't be done. Any ideas?

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts

I can sleect MP3 files and ask for them to be ringtones but how do I add them to the sounds list so I can use them as notifications for emails/texts...

If you are having the same problem as me, I think you need to convert them to .wav files before you can use them in the notifications etc. I have a brilliant .mp3 of the 'Worms' calling 'Incoming' but I need to convert it to a .wav (I think) as it is not detected by the M600 which I have (runs Windows Mobile 5)

HTH

PS you are now going to ask how to convert to .wav from .mp3. Google is your friend ;)

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts

·
Wannabe Lotto Jackpot Winner..!
941 Posts

All system notification sounds (as said have to be in .wav format) these then have to be stored in the window folder of your PDA so that they can be seen/selected as required when setting your sounds.

If you need any mp3's converting LMK and I do them for you.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts