YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I am currently in touch with a certain Mark Ninnim from darn sarf who has kindly offered to show a few of us northern hicks the best of his area including the M2, Aoleian Sky and other such fabled wrecks.  I have never dived the south and think it would be great for a few of us to go down this summer.

I need a show of hands and potential dates... so get thinking.

Love
Andy

·
Registered
93 Posts
Imported post

Count me in Andy ... Im kitted up and ready to go... might also be able to offer some accomo if you thinking of hitting down this way in the next month or so Im about 40 mins away from Portsmouth. Let me know and give me about 2 weeks advance so I can book it off work.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Imported post

Pencil me in, I have a lot of dates booked, but as long as it doesnt clash with any Im game, theres a good camp site in Weymouth, static caravans with all mod cons for £9 a night.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Imported post

Paul .. have you got the details for the campsite ?? As for 9 quid a night that is defo a bargain BBQ Diving and drinking weekend coming on.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Imported post

Hello people

I must say I would dearly love to go on such a trip, although I don't quite think I'd have the necessary skills/experience to do the dives you'll all be doing (would love to see that M2 though!).

I am, however, planning to go to the same place and do a NITROX, wreck course & DIR workshop at the Scuba Centre; possibly with Izzy and/or Mark Ninnim (as DM).  So if you find out a definite date on which you'll be going I'd like to plan mine for the same time & meet a few of you for a few "liveners" in the evening(s).

Keep me posted!!
Ralphy

·
Registered
115 Posts
Imported post

No problem,
The campsite is called Seaveiw holiday park, its actually at a place called Preston 2 miles out off Weymouth, tel 01305833037 and as a example, if you booked a bronse caravan(which are really nice) based on 6 sharing on the 24th May to 27th(Fri to Mon) the price would be £164 which works out at £27.33 each, bargain Im sure you`ll agree!
As for boats the one we went on last time cost £350 a day and was a very good boat ,ex diver as a skipper and all that, but on looking round the harbour seen some boats twice the size really geared up for twinsets, carry up to 12 divers, and even had lifts, which I must say looked very appealing, Pampered or what! these boats were the same price as the one we were on, Tango is the name of one of them and my mate is off on it next week, unfortunatly I can`t afford it(bummer!) but if we can sort a date out I can ask him to try to book a good boat if not that one while he`s there!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Imported post

Anyone still up for diving around the south coast !! My regs are in for servicing for the next week .. but after that Im looking for Buddies !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts