YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

hey gang,

the man himself (being me that is)is actually managing to escape the grips of deepest darkest essex and return to his homeland for the weekend of the 18th - 21st and will be doing all shore dive's around south devon and if my mate's not to busy maybe a day trip out to lundy island with the possibility of a couple of night dive's.

if anyone's visiting devon and require's a guiding hand as to where to go to escape the marauding PADI invasion and BSAC fin draggers or indeed wants to tag along for a bit of a weekend devon experience get in touch.

regard's

troxmeister  

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

one would have thought south devon to be fairly self explanatory
 however...... slapton, blackpool, babbacome, anstey's, brixham, fairy cove ,thurlstone, princess pier, meadfoot, beacon cove,livermead,preston and possibly lundy island.
a general bimble around basicly, looking for the more secluded area's away from the easter grockle invasion, as i do at easter each year as i cant be arsed fighting for parking space's and q'ing for fills and post dive tucker with the rest of the crowd. i usually watch them all go one way and then go the other and listen to them moaning after the dive about how shit the vizz was and how little they saw and have a little chuckle as i show them my freshly aquired lobsters going on the barby.      

regard's

nitrox

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

that may be so ............. however!! according to Devon Fire and Rescue Service anything south of torrington is south devon including plymouth of course.

regards

nitrox

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

Give me a shout if your anywhere near 'my' South Devon and i'll let you show me the sites.  Nothing to deep or i'll get scared.   Where are you going to be based when you get there.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Imported post

hi guys,rob here,sent u both emails,can u text me ur mobile nums,so i can text u,as on hoilday in exmouth with gear from 17th to 24th.07890 293781

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imported post

hey doug and rob,

newton abbot, or kingskerswell to be precise,

give us yer number doug and ill give ya a call  and we shall sort somthing out. at the mo there are about five of us all with the same goal in mind (avoiding cert card wielding grockle's).

regard's

troxmiester

·
Registered
154 Posts
Imported post

its gettin close now,are u all ready for the easter divin,give me a call with ur mobiles,so i dont lose u in area im in....hope its clear and calm.....07890 293781

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>the reported vizz situation @ babbacombe last weekend was about 8m. and as of this afternoon the sea state is calm with none of the dreaded devon easterly's forcast.

bring it on!!

mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts