YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
For the dives where one helicopter isn't enough
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had spaces come up on our trip down to Porthkerris on the Lizard Peninsula - have a look here.

This is looking like its possibly going to be the biggest single trip on YD this year, with something like 20 YD'ers plus others heading down. This trip has been running for the last 3 years or so and is generally an excellent time, so if you're interested in coming along have a look through the thread - and as always anyway questions, ask away.

Simon

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Nearer the time if there are spaces and I've got nothing else on I will pop over and take a spot.

I might pop over for a beer or 5 in the evening anyhow.

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts
Nearer the time if there are spaces and I've got nothing else on I will pop over and take a spot.

I might pop over for a beer or 5 in the evening anyhow.
Just dont break your ankle on the walk down :)

·
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
I might be interested. Had a quick look through the thread but can't spot exactly where the spare spaces have arisen without trawling through the whole lot.

Just to save me time can you give me details of how many spaces, on which boat, costs and if accommodation is sorted or not. If I'm reading it right there are only dives available in the afternoons - is that right? Cheers.

·
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I might be interested. Had a quick look through the thread but can't spot exactly where the spare spaces have arisen without trawling through the whole lot.

Just to save me time can you give me details of how many spaces, on which boat, costs and if accommodation is sorted or not. If I'm reading it right there are only dives available in the afternoons - is that right? Cheers.
Mark, currently the last list is on this post. Basically, we're diving from the Celtic Cat -

although it now has a twin lift on the back.

Cost is £40 per day for two dives which includes brunch or lunch, and yes there's only spaces left on the afternoon trip (3 on the Saturday, 4 on the Sunday) - which will run from approx 1.30 through to 6-7ish.

Accommodation isn't included, but there's camping onsite, or plenty of B&B's around. Some of us will be down from the Wednesday/Thursday, probably shore diving before the weekend.

Hope that helps - if not, ask away.

Simon

·
4,427 Posts
Cost is £40 per day for two dives which includes brunch or lunch, and yes there's only spaces left on the afternoon trip (3 on the Saturday, 4 on the Sunday) - which will run from approx 1.30 through to 6-7ish.
Just to be sure and avoid disappointment are you saying there are 2 dives in each afternoon trip?

·
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Mark Milburn
4,076 Posts
Not sure might be down with you to "check the shot is in"

Fin
Into what? :D

Mark, drag Tim down too. Due to the amount of interest and the fact that nearly all boat skippers fall out with each other, the boat has to do one trip (2 dives) in the morning and repeat it in the afternoon!

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Into what? :D

Mark, drag Tim down too. Due to the amount of interest and the fact that nearly all boat skippers fall out with each other, the boat has to do one trip (2 dives) in the morning and repeat it in the afternoon!
It's funny really, isn't it?

There is only one 'fall out' which I think is justified (both you and I know who and why), all the other stuff is bollocks really.

Life's just too short.

·
4,427 Posts
Sounds like an interesting story.

Yes, put myself and Tim down then - pending issue of passes. :)

·
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like an interesting story.

Yes, put myself and Tim down then - pending issue of passes. :)
Will do.

Look forward to meeting you both down there.

Simon

·
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
still a space left on Saturday afternoon and two on Sunday afternoon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts