YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All,
i have a full face mask by Ocean and use a swivel joint to make things a little easier. I dived last weekend and noticed a very tiny flow of bubbles from the joint, needles to say i aborted the dive and removed the joint.

My question is, can anyone point me in the direction of an o-ring supplier as my 2 LDS could not supply the required rings as they were none standard!!!!
Have tried several online websites including Sea and Sea, and they require the ins and outs of a donkeys a***!!!!

If anyone can help, brilliant, otherwise I may have to buy another one!!!

Many Thanks ( in advance )
Andy

·
The smell of freshly turned delrin is more powerfu
3,173 Posts
can you post a link to a picture of that swivel joint. they made more than one :)

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
Barnwell
Fairway
Oswald
FTL
BSS

are the ones we use. Should have a BSS local to you. Walk in with the O ring, walk out with a bag of 100 for 50p. EPDM 70°A are the ones you want.
They are great for stuff like that. Anywhere that sells seals will have a measuring cone or at the very least a micrometer and be able to tell you what it is. It's not a non-standard o-ring, what the dive shop means is that it isn't one from a 1st stage hose or cylinder valve that they'll have in their box that's been sitting there since 1974.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Also worth considering the swivel you use - some have an O-ring just pushed against a flat plate, held in place by the centre spindle - these are very prone to undoing themselves slightly, allowing the swivel to leak.

If you get one of the better swivels, they don't have this design (and tend to be slightly more expensive) and instead use a barrel O-ring instead of a facing one. They don't tend to leak nearly as much, and are much better made.

You'd have to google to find one, though I suspect it's something that Sub Aqua Products do.

Digs.

·
The smell of freshly turned delrin is more powerfu
3,173 Posts
Also worth considering the swivel you use - some have an O-ring just pushed against a flat plate, held in place by the centre spindle - these are very prone to undoing themselves slightly, allowing the swivel to leak.

If you get one of the better swivels, they don't have this design (and tend to be slightly more expensive) and instead use a barrel O-ring instead of a facing one. They don't tend to leak nearly as much, and are much better made.

You'd have to google to find one, though I suspect it's something that Sub Aqua Products do.

Digs.
thats what I thought but you bothered to type more :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,
thanks for all the quick responses. the o ring is not the usual round profile as with cylinder and regulator o rings, but has a square profile. the link below is to the type of swivel that i have. if this is a cheaper/less reliable one, can anyone direct me to a better engineered one?
i will also have a look for the companies as posted by Woz.
cheers

Full Face Mask Systems

1 - 7 of 7 Posts