YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I've just about got all me kit now and was wondering what i should get hold of to take along just in case things break, I can think of:-

Fin straps
mask strap
O rings

But what else is sensible to put in a basic kit and what tools are the most used to help save a dive.

Cheers

Andy

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Smallish Shifting spanner, Hex keys, Aquasure, Swiss Army type knife, pin to remove O-rings, Spare slide-clips, Condom.

Peter
Oh, And most importantly Lump-hammer, Crowbar and a nice big dod of C4.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

It's a glue type water-proof sealant. It comes in wee tubes like superglue and is dead handy to emergency fix small holes in suits, gloves, etc. Any dive shop should sell it. In fact, I know people whose suits are held together by the stuff. Yes Budgy, I'm talking about you.
The best thing really is buy one of the cheap tool boxes(£4.99 from B+Q type thing) and fill it with assorted handy tools and spares. Most divers carry something similar. This way when you start going out all day on boats it's easy enough to just fling the box on board as all the spares in the world are no use if there still in your car.

Peter  

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Imported post

Hello,
I prefer to use a good sealed box for my spares and tools, so that everything keeps dry and tools does not rust. Tools I have 2 adj. spanners small, 2 allen keys for low and high pressure ports and a leatherman. Plus the above I would add a mouth piece, cable ties,swivel pin with o rings for contents gauge. Some silicon grease.

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

All of the above and don't forget the bungy - it can get you out of many holes - it acts as spare mask strap, fin strap, spare reg holder, lanyard etc.

Also - I have a spare double-doggers, din inserts, blanking plugs, some cave line and finally a spare LP hose suitable for drysuit or wing inflator.

I'm sure there's more but I can't remember.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

once you have got all that, you need to buy your own boat to carry it all in cos there wont be enough room in the club boat.
Bob

·
Dive without politics
2,106 Posts
Imported post

Gaffer tape and cable ties

1 - 11 of 11 Posts