YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Spearfishing Northeast Coast

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Motomaniac 
#1 ·
Hi all, Tried my hand at spearfishing recently off the yorkshire coast, not expecting much I scooted around for a bit on the surface, having a few dives on the reef wall. Managed to spear a 6 lb Seabass which I was stoked about! Maybe expected a flatty but not a tasty Bass! Anywho, I'm not the most experienced diver and was wondering does anybody else spearfish off this coast? If so anybody got any tips, spots (if you don't mind sharing secrets) or company as two is definitely safer than two. Any response would be awesome.
Thanks
Spearfishstu

#5 ·
I am an occasional spearo off the Yorkshire coast. Generally Flamborough (North Landing, or if I fancy a bit of a walk, the bay by the lighthouse). Loads of rocks so plenty of hidey holes, and not *that* deep either - usually around max 10m or 15m if you're brave enough to swim far enough off-shore. Sadly not that clear at the moment as it's been a bit choppy, although I did get a rather nice large spider crab the other week.

As for shooting the spear gun - I'm armed but useless. My aim is bloody awful, but I suppose it's practice :)

#6 ·
well, spearfish stu... i see youve only posted once, so may not see this, but incase you look, i would be interested in going spearfishing , once im back in the uk... i do a bit here in jersey, hopefully getting out tomorrow, and would like to do some once settled back in to normal life..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.