YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone can clear this up for me.

I've seen the videos about bag/spool deployment and i understand how they deploy and how they wind in.

One thing i can not fathom though is how to lock it off with the bolt snap. Anyone want to post an idiots guide to that or photos for me ? Im probably being dense but i cant see a way of doing it.

·
Mod 2.5 apparently
703 Posts
Cant get on with them at all so i use spool with handle!

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All of a sudden its clear. Been trying to work out how for about 3 days now and never thought of that. I'm suitably embarrassed.

Cheers all.

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
what Woz said

Graham

·
Remember Member
514 Posts
Your not the only one String... so how do people connect their bag to the line... another double ender??

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
Your not the only one String... so how do people connect their bag to the line... another double ender??
OH come on your taking the piss

if not sorry make a big loop in the end, thread it on to the SMB and drop the spool through the loop easy

Graham :D

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
nope - you have a loop in the end (about 6 inches long if stretched out) and you simply thread the loop though the webbing on the bottom of the dsmb and then over the top of the spool. - or the spool through the loop if its easier.. ;)

Then of course you need to make sure you have a woody in the end of the loop..

:)

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
how do you upload photos on here Graham , would apreciate your help .
open an account with photobucket and upload to there then copy url and paste in the photo link

Graham

·
Remember Member
514 Posts
nope - you have a loop in the end (about 6 inches long if stretched out) and you simply thread the loop though the webbing on the bottom of the dsmb and then over the top of the spool. - or the spool through the loop if its easier.. ;)

Then of course you need to make sure you have a woody in the end of the loop..

:)

Cue ethereal sound of heavens opening/ light-bulb turning on/ penny dropping/ insert sound effect of your choice..

Meany greeny incoming

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Cue ethereal sound of heavens opening/ light-bulb turning on/ penny dropping/ insert sound effect of your choice..

Meany greeny incoming
btw the 'woody' is a small loop tied (*slightly off centre*) into the end of the big loop (literally stretch out the loop - find the end of it - trace up one edge of the loop by about an inch and put in a loop).

This allows you to quickly undo the line from the dmsb - by simply pulling on your woody when its all tight.. :D

Sounds like a piss take - but its true..

edit: like this:

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
You need a big woody with gloves on or you just dont get the same feeling

Graham :)

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
OH come on your taking the piss

if not sorry make a big loop in the end, thread it on to the SMB and drop the spool through the loop easy

Graham :D
Gotta say that I wasn't happy with doing this so.....my DSMB sits in my Halcyon Storage Pack and has a boltsnap which I clip to the butt D-Ring.

I then take the spool unwind a metre of line and clip the DSMB to it.

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
Gotta say that I wasn't happy with doing this so.....my DSMB sits in my Halcyon Storage Pack and has a boltsnap which I clip to the butt D-Ring.

I then take the spool unwind a metre of line and clip the DSMB to it.
I keep a Yellow SMB there i cant see there being a huge problem with the loop method however mine are always connected; i have yellow SMB in my pocket with spool attached, Red SMB with spool attached and a backup red SMB with spool and a spare spool in there as well.

however the Halcyon 3.3m SMB that i sent up last weekend wasn't that good in the swell and the skipper said he would cut it fill it with lead and beat me to death if he saw that on the surface again. :)

Graham

1 - 20 of 25 Posts