YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly I’ll introduce myself. I’ve been diving for about four years and have recently bought a twin set for extra bottom time and redundancy. I dive mostly in the UK and spent an enjoyable week on the Zenobia late last year. Family pressures mean I don’t get to dive as much as I would like.

I enrolled on the GUE Experience Day Sat 14th April with Gareth Burrows at Vobster costing £25. I was interested to see what they were like, what GUE is about and to pick up some tips. As it turned out I was the only person enrolled on the day. I was a bit concerned, but the guys were friendly and welcoming.

The day consisted of Gareth explaining GUE, kit and two dives. The GUE explanation was very useful and painted a good picture of organisation. Regarding the kit, Gareth went over my kit and when he suggested moving or changing items he always followed up with a logical explanation. A bit like Kryten from Red Dwarf :)

During the dives I was videoed so when Gareth explained something he showed me as well, which I found good. In each dive there was Gareth, myself and three other GUE divers, Imogen, Dave and Mark B. In the water they were very competent and worked well as a team, I aspire to have that level of skill.

My only problem was I did feel a bit in the way at the start of the dives as everyone else seemed to know what they were doing and where they were going. It was fine once we got underway.

I can definitely say for £25 for a day with Gareth is a bargain and you don’t get many bargains in diving. I got a lot of help and it was definitely a worthwhile experience.

I’m very tempted to go for Fundamentals, just need to find the time.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts