YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Team Peanut Butter
2,306 Posts
I dived it once a few years ago the viz was very poor that day but the bits I saw were very broken up. I did not see anything taller than 4 meters there were a few swim throughs. It is nothing like the Salsett which is the Grane id dived a lot less.

Graham.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
The wreck is pretty good - it is, IMHO a far better dive than the Salsette.

The wreck as a whole does not stand particularly high, except for the stern, however it has collapsed down into itself and so maintains its shape. This makes it relatively easy to navigate around.

The fore structure has collapsed over to the starboard side and it is worth looking around here with a nice swim through between the fallen over structure and the hull.

Moving to the mid ships the holds contain various bits of machinery and there is a small area in the forwards hold that forms an overhanging area. Towards the rear hold there is the spare propeller still lashed in place.

The boilers and engine are definitely worth a close look and though some decking has collapsed over the engine all the main details are still easily viewed.

At the rear the rudder and prop make a nice view, especially in good vis.

Over the last few dives the average depth of the dive has been 42m with the deepest part of the dive being 46m and the shallowest part of the wreck being 40m.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for that Paul. I'm diving the Grane next Sunday with Scimitar. Haven't been able to find any info the wreck. A useful sounding description of the wreck.

cheers John

·
kiss ccr
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for that info folks! weather permitting will be off on scimitar nxt wkend myself ,
see you there ,
gordy,,,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts