YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

'Wider Slipway at St Abbs.

No more bad tempers on the slipway at St Abbs in Berwickshire, it seems, now that boat-launching space has been increased in time for the main diving season.

"The slipway has been extensively widened, removing the difficulties of grounding and turning sometimes experienced in the past", harbourmaster Peter Butt told DIVER. "This is the latest part of the Harbour Trust's ongoing plan to improve the facilities provided".'

The picture of the new slipway they provide in the Mag does confirm the above, and the place certainly looks more squared away than when I last dived up there in January. Not that it was in a poor state to begin with!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>nice to know they're actually spending some of the money they were recently extorting by charging fees for parking out-of-season, perhaps one day they might even put some lights in the loo  

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Hey Jonny,

You can't have been there this weekend with Davey, Gav, Fi and me. Two days of glorious sun shine (me and Davey sporting shiney red noggins and noses - we're prepared to suffer for out art!); a night dive just outside the rocks off the harbour wall; two great dives off the Skellies and Light House (including a top cave dive - most of which I saw from a distance courtesy of Davey's Uber-torch as mine had quit on me 12 mins into the second dive); cheap as chips (a night's B&B in en-suite accommodation at Billie's and two dives off his boat for £33!!!).

Crowded? You're thinking of somewhere else mate. Abbs was its picture postcard best mate - no queues any where and enough dive-boats to go around.

Top place and top diving mate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts