YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
bangladessional dive professional
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was planning on heading st abbs this weekend but im guessing thats its probably not worth it at all at the moment given the weather.

does anyone know any better, or have any other suggestions (preferably not quarries) of places to dive. really needs to be within a couple hours drive of newcastle

thanks
Guy

·
You dir'ty ole' man!!!!!
2,437 Posts
i was planning on heading st abbs this weekend but im guessing thats its probably not worth it at all at the moment given the weather.

does anyone know any better, or have any other suggestions (preferably not quarries) of places to dive. really needs to be within a couple hours drive of newcastle

thanks
Guy
Have you contacted the skippers at Abbs and the Farnes? Although we were all more or less blown out last weekend at both venues you should not make your decision until you've called them tomorrow of friday at the latest.

PM me if you want some numbers for the Skips.

2 hours from Newcastle may get you Ellerton at Richmond, otherwise shore diving from numerous venues up the north east/northumbrian coast.

Graham:teeth:

·
Registered
845 Posts
The sea has been relatively calm tha last couple of days here, so as long as the winds don't change much I'd think you would be ok to get in up the coast somewhere.

Dave

·
Not so New Member
253 Posts
Up the coast somewhere has got to be better than diving in Ellerton! :wink:

J

·
Flaccid Member
5,410 Posts
Apart from being a bit rainy the weather looks okay for St Abbs/Eyemouth this weekend, well the winds going in the right direction at least :teeth:

·
bangladessional dive professional
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good to hear that it should be alright.

last weekend i was meant to be heading to the farnes (to see the birds, not for diving) but the trip was canceled 'cos of strong SE wind. will it have all settled out or is the viz going to be a bit low?

·
Warm water Diver
647 Posts
Farnes.

was out with william at the farnes sunday gone................wind was wild but the viz was brill 8-10 mts very good loads better from the last time was there..fone william at seahouses hell tell u wat its like....happy diving...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts