YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3 boats down from the candy
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

planning to dive st abbs on the 29th of feb any relevent info would be appreciated especially form someone from the area , i allready have the tide times for the date
cheers paul
ps it goes without saying any yders want to meet up there your most welcome

·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

stabbs, i take by your name you are from the area , if so it would be helpful for up todate news of weather and sea conditions, i and some friends are planning to dive their on the 29th of feb so any help would be well recieved
cheers paul

·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

anyone know slack water time for st abbs on sunday 29 feb and the forecast
cheers paul

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Slack won't make much difference for most of St Abbs diving but if want to correctly calculate slackwater you'll need an admiralty chart of the area plus tide tables which you can find in the likes of MacMillans Almanac, I'd calculate it for you but I don't have a St Abbs chart, or did you just mean you wanted HW and LW cos that's not the same as slack water, if you're doing something like the Glanmire and need slack the skipper will have that info for you.

29 Feb 2004
       Time Height
High 08:42   3.6
      21:22  3.5

Low 02:06  1.7
     14:40  1.6

Valid for 6 hours from 0000 GMT Sunday
Wind: NNW, Force 3 to 5 ( 12 - 20 mph)
Weather Clear skies
Sea State Slight
Visibility 9 miles

Valid for 6 hours from 0600 GMT Sunday
Wind: NW, Force 3 or 4 ( 10 - 14 mph)
Weather Bright or sunny spells
Sea State Slight
Visibility 10 miles

Valid for 6 hours from 1200 GMT Sunday
Wind: WNW, Force 3 or 4 ( 9 - 14 mph)
Weather Bright or sunny spells
Sea State Slight
Visibility 10 miles

·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

cheers steve, the plan was to shore dive and i know on the 29th the difference between high and low tide is approx 1.5 m are you saying it is allright to dive at anytime and not to worry about slack water
cheers paul  

·
Registered
280 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>shore diving aint that much of a worry but get in when rest are getting in

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Current has never been an issue for shore dives at Abbs IME, your only problem will be if there's any surge going on it'll be hard getting out of the water if you're round by the harbour wall, in which case Seagull rock will be a better bet. For £7.50 a dive you might want to try getting a space on Billy's Boat , and it's always worthwhile phoning him to get a go/no go on the weather situation (call 01890 771288)
HTH
Chee-az
Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts