YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Ok, after last weekends day trip up to St Abbs, I'm gona do it again.

My plan is to go up early Sat morning and stay over in a B&B for the Sat night.  We already have a few names that are also interested but would be good to get confirmation from everybody for either / both days.

So come on , one and all.

Tim

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

I'm up for it ... maybe Fi too. Who's gonna call Billy and get the boat booked?

Woo hoo ... Abbs here we come.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Oi!! I'm the Abbs officiado around here... stop organising bloody weekends when I can't go.... I'll sulk!... I will!

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Count me in...

Got my new dry suit so Im gonna get wet in the sea.....

As Im comming up from Manchester will probably sneak off from work on Friday early. it must be a 5hr journey at least. So would prefere to be fresh on Saturday.

Is it necisary to stay in a b&b or is there a good campsite??? its not that cold yet. Or is it up north?
(honestly im not a cheap skate!!)

the weather looks to be okay this weekend.

Is anyone else from my ends of the woods up for it. Can fit one or two more in the car and I dont pay for petrol so its a cheap trip!!! Let me know?
?
???

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

so has anyone spoke to billy about this?

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Andy, Not yet - I wanted to get numbers first - I'll call him tomorrow.

RU coming?

·
1,403 Posts
Imported post

hope so...
watch this space!

·
1,403 Posts
Imported post

top dive boat operator ar abbs.  missus billy makes the best bacon butties and buys in the greatest carrot cake you ever ate!!

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Imported post

Boat dives, carrot cake and bacon sarnies, fantastic!

Ok one other thing needed to make this perfect - curry and beer - ok that's two things but you catch my drift.

So, who will call Billy?  Do we do this both days or just one - how much does he normally charge?

Cheers,

Tim

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

It's a marvellous £7.50 per dive - so cheap as chips.

I don't mind calling Billy and booking the boat but I need the following info.

1. How many - names as well would be handy, buddy pairs etc
2. What time's everybody gonna be there. No point booking a boat at 9.00am on Saturday if lazy sods like me don't get out of bed in time.
3. Experience of those going ... I don't want to be 30m down on the Glanmire with folk with only a few dives. If we can get an idea of the relative exp of everybody we can plan dives that will suit everybody.

If that sounds ok then I'll book th e boat for a couple on Saturday and the same Sunday?

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Imported post

Gav,

plan to get there as early as possible on Sat morning - aim for 9:30.

I've logged 30 dives but most of these are quarry-based or in the very nice condition of the Aegean Sea.  Last week at St. Abbs was my first experience of dives in UK coastal waters and they were shore dives.  So overall, really still a novice.  Hope this isn't a problem.

What would be your suggested dive sites?

Thanks for offering to do the booking.

Tim

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

No bother it just helps to make sure we get suitable sites for folk.

RU bringing a buddy?

Any more for anymore? Everybody?

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

That's cool.

The lack of interest so far looks like it could be just me and thee. Come on lads sign up for DiVE SiTE X today.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Gav I don't need to tell you that if I could be there, I would be there for as you know I'm the Abbs fanatic on this board and am totally devastated that this will be two weekends in a row that I can't make it, I console myself by the fact that I'm spending the weekend with some real good people and that Abbs will still be there next time out.

Billy informs me that he'll be working all winter so there'll be plenty of opportunities to satisfy my Abbs lust with you chaps sooner rather than later :thumb:

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

I know Dave - have a good weekend and give my best to the boys. One in particular.

I know you'd be coming it's the rest of you malingerers ... come on Dive Site X is calling. SW winds as well ... the sun is promising to shine ... what more do you want !!!

gAvSter takes valium and falls aslee.....

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Count me in.
30 Dives logged so far.

Tim, Do you want to buddy up?? (No scary ascents this time!!)
I think Andy from down my way may be up for it as well, trying to arrange details at moment.

Will probably come up on Friday as its to far to drive on Sat morning. is accomodation / camping easy??

Are you all up for sat and sunday or just saturday?
?

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Imported post

Hey Ben,

Yeh sure lets buddy.  Hope the Drysuit training went alright.

See you Saturday mate.

BTW if you take a look at www.stabbs.org you'll find some details of B&B's and campsites.

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Great that's three probably four with my missus ... if we get odds we can always dive as a three.

I'm gonna book 5 places for Saturday and Sunday with Billy. I'll post more details when I get 'em

1 - 20 of 38 Posts