YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>A long way off I know but you need to plan early in order to get what you want.

I have booked 3 days with Peter Gibson for the 17, 18 & 19 June.  I have said I would try and fill the boat but so far I have only booked definately for 4 people. If I don't get any takens then id doesn't matter as then I just tell Peter and he fills the boat nearer the time. We went in June this year and had 3 great days the sun shone and all was weel with the world.  If anyone would like to join me and my friends please just let me know.  

It would be nice to meet up with a few people if you can.

Fiona

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Hi Fiona,
            You can stick me down for that one with another one possibility.

Peter

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

Fi
Please pencil in two places for me and my buddy,
Thanks
Jules

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Fiona,

Did you try Billy's boat before you called Gibbo? If you did, was it full? Please advise.

Aye, St Abbs in June! Gotta be a Troop Gig in the offing. Any chance to finally meet the Kelly man and kick the shi....err...sorry, have a 'wee sherry' with yer man has got to be a result. Put me down for a place.

Anyone booked digs yet? If so where? Bunk-House-Ruck or get-where-ya-can Pleasantville? Please advise.

Mapping 2004 - get in amongst it people!

Current Gig List lokks like this:

* Fiona B
* Peter (Heavy on the 'Mr') Kelly x 2
* Jules ('you staring at my ears?') x 2
* Bren Tierney

Gig Total = 6

Come on troops!! Davey Willo introduced me to the fare environs of St Abbs (a fact for which I am for ever in his debt) and I'm just sorry I don't get to go there more often. Diving for all levels of experience (newbies to tech-meisters). Get in amongst it all.

The following two statements should at least impress up on most of you the sense of urgency to dive St Abbs:

1). Diving to encompass all levels of diving with an exhilarating amount of sea/fish-life and gullies, trenches, swims-through, caves etc. to interest the most new and  seasoned diver - I jest you not.

2). Scottish Lisencing Laws.......

In both cases, Happy Days.

Hope to see ya there. It's the Nads!

See ya there.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

Bren
The haven hotel is the sort of establishment for your sort....(refined and sophisticated.....???) that is lots better than Billy's bunk house!
Oh and by the way we dived with Pete Gibson last weekend and he is a top skipper, even providing post dive beverages...
jules

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi All,

No I didn't try Billy's boat as we have always dived with Peter lovely man.  There are already 4 possibly 5 going so that makes it 10 so far.

Peter's boat takes 12 at a time, he does alittle shuttle back and forth so we could get up to 24 on this trip.  Bren would you have prefered a different boat coz we could always make it a double boat trip.  If people didn't fancy the timings on Peter's.

He goes out about 9.30 and 2pm for us and an inbetween time for others.

I have already booked Springbank cottage for the 4 from my club and I know she still has a single /  small double left.

Fiona

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Current Gig List lokks like this:

* Fiona B x 4/5
* Peter (Heavy on the 'Mr') Kelly x 2
* Jules ('you staring at my ears?') x 2
* Bren Tierney
* Greater-crested Willo

Gig Total = 10/11

Willo, are we up for Billy's cottage again? Bunk House? Scoutscroft?

Anyone else up for this team wet?? Stevie? Gav? Fi? Wee Ben? Drifty? Tanx? Jay?

Hooley in the offing people!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Bugger,

Didn't notice the dates there Fiona, two of the days are mid-week, can't do I'm afraid.

That said, I have provisionally, booked Billy's boat and the Cottage (sleeps 5) for Sat & Sunday 08th & 09th October 2004 (yes I know it's a while off, but everything else - accommodation & boat weekend wise - from the begining of April 2004 with Billy is booked!)

I'll start a new thread for this one so as not to clash or confuse. Enjoy the trip!

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Just to clarify and for those who don't yet have a 2004 diary.

The dates I have booked are Thursday 17, Friday 18 and Saturday 19 June 2004.

Weekends get booked up very quickly in St Abbs and the week days are nice and quiet.

However I don't think this boat is booked for the Sunday yet.

Fiona

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Fiona,
       Seeing as you're so organised and have a 2004 diary. Can you have a lookie-see when the Summer Solstice is next year.

Green Bum,
Peter

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Typing Summer Solstice 2004 into google says it June 20.

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>OK, now I have it.

Fathers Day 20th June 2004

Longest Day - Summer Solstice Monday 21st June 2004

Fiona

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

If that's the same Peter we did our last dive with (see my report on the Recent Trips board), he is indeed a nice guy and excellent skipper. However, his boat is nowhere near as spacious, well-fitted or "diver friendly" as Billy's. Billy's bunkhouse is not luxury accommodation but is quite comfortable and only 10 m from the jetty and his wife, Alison, does a good breakfast for £3. It's none of my business, of course. I just thought this info' might be of interest to someone.

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Yes John it will be the same Peter and yes his boat is not as spacious as some of the bigger boats, but he is the skipper that we enjoy diving with.  None of the sites are that far away and the journey time is not long, he takes your fins off before you get up the ladder and has a nice cup of tea brewing.

So for those people who have said they would like to come now what to change their minds that is entirely up to them.  We are still going

What does diver friendly mean anyway

Fiona

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

I'm not arguing with you, Fiona, but Billy gives you a cup of tea or coffee after every dive, too, and he doesn't need to take your fins off as you can climb his ladder easily with them on. Diver friendly means that it's an easier entry (giant stride from the platform instead of a backward roll from a high gunwale) and exit from Billy's boat than Peter's, there is room for everybody under cover on Billy's boat if the weather isn't good or it's cold, and there is room for everybody to stash their kit out of the way before and after the dive, unlike Peter's boat. But I've no axe to grind.

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>OK, I know this was a long time ago.

As there was some confusion over the boat and dates, please can I confirm that the guys who initially added their names are no longer interested. Just so I can give Peter the numbers.

Cheers, for clarification the dates were:

Thursday 17th,  Friday 18th and Saturday 19th June

·
Have You Seen My 'Demi-john'?
997 Posts
Imported post

FIONA

put me down for a place if theres any room  thur/fri/sat

cheers john

1 - 20 of 23 Posts