YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lord Protector of the Pies and Defender of the Bee
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm off to do my first sea diving in the uk this weekend in St Abbs. I'm all giddy with exitement etc and then i look at the weather reports............ah poo!

Any suggestions for what to do if i dont get to get wet?

·
You dir'ty ole' man!!!!!
2,437 Posts
I'm off to do my first sea diving in the uk this weekend in St Abbs. I'm all giddy with exitement etc and then i look at the weather reports............ah poo!

I'm there on Sunday and also possibly Saturday and yes the weather front doesn't seem too good.

As for a bed weather option, you're stumped. Nearest decent town is Berwick, but not much there. Take some games and imagination along, or go to Scoutscroft bar.

Hope its good though.....Graham

·
diving member
1,996 Posts

eeerrrrrrrrrr there are some really nice pubs round about!!
out of interest are you shore diving or on a boat??

S

·
Founder of the S.F.T.D
523 Posts
weather report for Eyemouth looks okay. BBC Weather says, Rain, 14degs 6mph south winds, so should be okay for diving at eyemouth. Shore dive Ness End or Green Ends Gulley

·
Likes to play his bongo's in the morning
1,286 Posts
if you fancy a drive out, you could go to the aquarium in Edinburgh, take some piccies and pretend the viz was ace, like this...

·
Swims with More Seals
2,037 Posts
Had many a good weekend in the Blue Anchor when blown out in St Abbs. In fact every time I've been there I've been blown out!!!!!

Oh well - enjoy!

K XX

·
Lord Protector of the Pies and Defender of the Bee
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
eeerrrrrrrrrr there are some really nice pubs round about!!
out of interest are you shore diving or on a boat??

S
Not sure, its my first club dive so i really have no idea of what to expect.......or what were doing. My plan turn up, tag along drop in the water with every one else and hopefully come up in the same place as everyone else.

Pubs, i can do that:) but i aint getting blown out;) i'm not that kind of man

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Not sure, its my first club dive so i really have no idea of what to expect.......or what were doing. My plan turn up, tag along drop in the water with every one else and hopefully come up in the same place as everyone else.

Pubs, i can do that:) but i aint getting blown out;) i'm not that kind of man
well you asked!!!
but I would go with what you said enjoy your dives I spend a lot of time there and really enjoy it, hope you do as well!

steven

1 - 12 of 12 Posts