YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

If your'e keeping them independent then you don't need stainless bands, just go for the buddy camband twin set, £30 or thereabouts.

If they must be steel then these chap[s seem pretty ok.

aleutian diving products

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>THANKS ANDY
I e mailed them earlier they look good but they cost £100 + P and P
I have buddie bands for my pony set up but feel the backplate will give a more secure setup with the weight of the 300 bar cylinders using stainless bands.
wacker

·
Registered
453 Posts
Imported post

Underwater Explorers down in Portland do some good heavy duty bands Tel. 01305 824555, and I think they're about £71.00.
The best cylinder bands allegedly come from Highland Millworks in the States (http://www.highland-millwork.com/products/doubleband/doubleband.html) but are probably quite a lot more expensive (in fact I've just checked and they're £97 from Abyss UK). I'd like a pair but I'm a little shy of buying them, as they don't state that the sizes are compatible with an MDE maifold.
HTH

Robert

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Robert,

If I remember correctly someone asked about Highland bands with MDE manifolded cylinders.  I am sure there were a few responses syaing there was no problem.  

Do a search on the forums I am sure it will turn the related thread up.

Daz

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Robert @ April 11 2003,12:22)]I'd like a pair but I'm a little shy of buying them, as they don't state that the sizes are compatible with an MDE maifold.

The #700 Highland bands will fit any manifold designed with 190mm centres.  They will be fine with the MDE manifold.
The #700 Highland bands will fit any manifold designed with 190mm centres.  They will be fine with the MDE manifold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts